Re sizing photos

kwallace21

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Is there an easy way to resize pictures to put them on this website. Every time I try to upload photos it always says file too large.
Any good apps perhaps?
Ta

Microsoft Office Picture manager. Make sure your photos open in this. Click edit pictures at the top. Panel opens on right and click compress pictures. Click and ok any of the three apart from don't compress and you will see the size of the photo in MB or KB. I usually find docs are small enough. Save as a different name or number to keep the original and upload the new one..

Attachments

• MOPM.jpg
    MOPM.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 304
all the software mentioned works fine. If you post using tapatalk on the mobile, it does all resizing for you without you having to save the file to your pc twice. This forum software is a tad outdated and laborious

Microsoft Office Picture manager. Make sure your photos open in this. Click edit pictures at the top. Panel opens on right and click compress pictures. Click and ok any of the three apart from don't compress and you will see the size of the photo in MB or KB. I usually find docs are small enough. Save as a different name or number to keep the original and upload the new one..

+1 for Microsoft Office Pic Mgr. Its free and can also easily change brightness, contrast, midtones etc, often recovering an otherwise mediocre piccy. BUT having resized from say 8mb to 250kb HOW THE **** do you transfer / load the piccy from your PC AND onto this esteemed website (let alone right way up) ~ thks, anyone??????????????

From my phone samsung/android i mail them to myself select the reduce size (10%) save/use them in downloads. . All a bit 'round the houses' but it works for me.

+1 for Microsoft Office Pic Mgr. Its free and can also easily change brightness, contrast, midtones etc, often recovering an otherwise mediocre piccy. BUT having resized from say 8mb to 250kb HOW THE **** do you transfer / load the piccy from your PC AND onto this esteemed website (let alone right way up) ~ thks, anyone??????????????

1, You can't upload images on quick reply but only on either POST NEW THREAD or ADVANCED next to POST QUICK REPLY
2, On either move down the page to MANAGE ATTACHMENTS and click where an upload box will open usually top left.
3, Click on CHOOSE FILE and this will take you to your computer files so then click the file i.e. pictures and then the picture you want but this will be the name / number not a thumbnail so remember which it is. Then click UPLOAD. The file name will be just below upload as current attachment.
4, Preview post to check photo is all ok the post. The photo will be the same way up as it is on your computer or phone.

Attachments

• GSER.jpg
    GSER.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 204
1, You can't upload images on quick reply but only on either POST NEW THREAD or ADVANCED next to POST QUICK REPLY
2, On either move down the page to MANAGE ATTACHMENTS and click where an upload box will open usually top left.
3, Click on CHOOSE FILE and this will take you to your computer files so then click the file i.e. pictures and then the picture you want but this will be the name / number not a thumbnail so remember which it is. Then click UPLOAD. The file name will be just below upload as current attachment.
4, Preview post to check photo is all ok the post. The photo will be the same way up as it is on your computer or phone.

Will this work on an Ipad, can’t seem to find the “Manage Attachments” bit.

Tom

I Pad fine but as said manage attachments are only new threads or go advanced when replying.
If you look below and hit go advanced below the empty quick reply box and scroll down from the reply screen you will see manage attachments

Image Resizer for Windows

If you are using windows try Image Resizer for Windows. Once installed just right click on the image and select "Resize Pictures". It will give you many options- Large, Med or Small plus custom.
You can download it from many sites. I use it with xp, 7 and 8.1 with no problems.

Imageresizer.jpg

Good Luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom