Schroedie DRL/Turn signals

Country boy

Reaction score
I am of the opinion that a lot of people are now getting High Viz Blind, plus I don’t
like wearing to much of it so after looking around on youtube I decided to fit some Schroedie turn signals, working on the idea that something different would stand out more than just another set of spots or fogs. All they are is a plastic disk with led’s set in them, white and amber which sit behind the BMW roundel badge. The white stays on as a drl and then when indicating they turn amber. The hardest part of fitting them was getting the BMW badge of off the fairing panel. Once that has been done all you have to do is follow the included instruction, easy, I did find that one of the connection plugs was a bit reluctant about being assembled but a pair of thin nose pliers soon fixed that problem. Every thing you need in the way of parts is included in the package so just a bit of time is needed for the installation.

Fixings and wire from the back of the logo

26024443618_ca408eb813.jpg

connection socket waiting for assembely

39864850082_f2d070f5fa.jpg

A little tug with the pliers helps thing along

25025804037_9dd635e416.jpg

Finished install

25025818157_126893fc55.jpg

38998290605_4878623826.jpg

39897762111_ee591f5db2.jpg

I think the finished job looks good, maybe not everybodys choice though.

www.schroedie.de

I think they’ve fixed s problem we weren’t having. They look good but I’d say they were more bling than use.

So where on the wiring loom do you attach/plug these in to?

ignition live and the indicators I reckon,i had a set years ago on my hexhead adv still got em in a box somewhere

Yes quite popular on the K1600 forum with the Americans there was even a plug in kit offered to save you cutting the loom.

You get the pictured plugs with the kit with a sensible length of tails on them, the indicators I ran the wires to the rear indicators so that I did not have to mess around at the front of the bike opening up the harness, the DRL side of things get their power from the fuse terminal at the back of the tank. Pictures can be supplied if needed.

Pictures as requested, they should be self explanatory, I wanted to leave enough slack to allow the fairing panels to be easily removed so I extended the original wires hence the green colour for the indicators. The connection blocks come with the kit and are a lot smaller than the standard type from halfords, (other suppliers are available) The DRL wire is connected to the "out wire" after the fuse block. The earth wire for the indicators is also the earth wire for the DRL's.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/22XoTrr]

Back
Top Bottom