Ladies boots for a wider foot?

Bobbin-Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can any of you ladies out there recommend a ladies touring style boot for a wider foot? My girlfriend has UK size 6½ feet but due to having typically wide British feet (okay she has hobbit feet!) she often has to buy regular shoes/boots in a 7 just to get some extra width, and even then prefers Clarks due to offering a range of wider fittings rather than more expensive brands of shoe that are usually a slim Italian fit.

Back to bike boots ... she only rides as a pillion so doesn't need a fully featured bike boot, the Alpinestars Vika would be perfect style-wise and is waterproof which fulfils our touring needs, but having checked a few reviews it's been suggested it's quite narrow so would only suit a slimmer foot. She spent an hour at J&S trying on all the available ladies boots but they stock very little in a size 7, and of what they had with most she struggled to even get her feet in! She tried a couple of pairs of gents offerings but then you're into a much heavier boot, not really what she's looking for. She's slim so calf volume is not an issue.

Any suggestions (other than surgery)?

Stu.

My Mrs has stumpy feet and has a Pair of Prexport ladies waterproof boots that are not that expensive and they do the trick-we've been out in the rain numerous times covering 100 miles or so- the worst coming back from wales when it chucked it down most of the way and they've never leaked. She has these but they have other styles too though you'd do best to find a stockist and get her to try them on

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/225607

Have you tried Duoboots.co.uk. My wife got some from there because of the sizing range.

Thanks for the info. Ideally she's looking for a bike boot that offers some protection, hence the Alpinestars being featured exactly as needed. Calf size isn't an issue, she's got fab legs but has hobbit feet attached to the ends of them (but don't tell her I told you so!).

I would get her to try some Daytona boots for size - though J&S are stockists. GetGeared will order in any size(s) you want without an obligation to buy.

Their cheaper full-length boots are not imported into the UK (nor are the non-Goretex range), but are available from FC-Moto in Germany.

As has been mentioned, Altbergs have a good reputation.

Plus one for Daytona:thumb2

I have the Ladystars and they're fab:clap

Daytona ladies boots are great if you want something with a heel but if she prefers flat boots try Sidi Canyon Goretex, they don’t specifically come in ladies sizes which would mean they are slightly wider. I bought a pair a couple of months ago to Tour Asia and they were fab, comfy straight out the box, waterproof and great protection. Plus they’re much cheaper than Daytona’s, managed to get a pair for £190 from flea-bay

From a regular range I would say Daytona too.

Altbergs are great but custom made and normally several months away, I did a factory visit to get some but its a lng way to go if not in the north.

My wife has size 8 feet and as a consequence has difficulty finding shoes and boots that fit, but she's very happy with her Sidi Rain boots.

Although i haven't had any myself, I was always under the impression that Sidi boots tended to be on the narrow side due to being Italian :nenau Alpinestars as well?

+1 for the Daytona’s. My wife has a pair of Lady Stars and won’t wear anything else. Comfortable, very protective, 100% waterproof. Plus when they start to get worn and tatty you can send them back to Daytona for a refurb for less than half the cost of a new pair.

I thought so too, although My Sidi Adventures have plenty of wriggle room so I guess it's the same for women's boots.

Back
Top Bottom