New Akrapovic

fjog4

Reaction score
Hi all, any news about the new akrapovic 2017 in our bikes?
Thinking about to install one akrapovic in my bike but I have no information about the new version, only know that is as beautiful like expensive, but nothing about sound or perfomance, maybe a bit big. Anyone with any experience?
Thanks and regards

Hi,
I got my 800 GS in sept last year, a brand new bike and BMW said from factory they could only fit the new akra, however the new one is a different shape to the previous round one. The new one you can’t remove baffles / it doesn’t improve sound. So I would recommend the 2017/2016 pipe. It fits perfectly, and sounds awesome.

In all fairness dont get a lot for your money. Its lighter in weight, adds some extra sound, not a lot mind, and makes the bike 'free'er' if thats a word, which obviously it isn't.

Think its something that goes hand in hand with the BMW's, for me anyway!

Euro3, like my video here https://youtu.be/oO4bz1g75ng means you can take the baffles out. Euro4, you cannot.

You can put a Euro3 can on a Euro4 bike.

Overall you gain 3-4bhp.

You're paying for the prestigious name I guess.

I bought mine second-hand for half the cost. My favoured would have been a black one, but I wouldn't have gained anything apart from less money in the bank!!

Not sure if I have helped but really the only difference is baffles.

Back
Top Bottom