Abs removal.

(RIP) python

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone has a guide on how to remove the abs on my r1200. It's a 2004 and the rear system has stopped working. Front is fine. Think it's time to take it of. :)

Don’t know about that. It’s been posted on here before but your problem may have a easy fix. Don’t jump in just yet. Someone will know. JJH

What type of ABS do you have?

Servo type is pretty much non repairable. Motorworks and James Sherlock sell delete kits.

Non servo type can have the motor replaced or fitted with new brushes. There are You Tube vids on how to. Use small self tapper screws to replace the old staked motor clips.

What precisely do you mean when saying "...rear system has stopped working"
When was the brake fluid changed last time?
Have you checked fluid levels in both reservoires of the abs unit under the fuel tank?

Is the rear brake caliper seized? Has the rear master cylinder seized?

Do you mean the speedo sensor has failed?

Details needed.

The rear master cylinder was changed a year ago. Fluid was changed then. The servo activates when I pull the front brake, nothing from the servo on the rear although I do still have residual braking. The rear caliper is fine. Not seized. :)

Thanks for the guide amd advice. I think that's too involved for me. I'm too ham fisted for the delicate work. I'm hoping for an easy fix so I'll try and get the tank of amd check the servo levels.

Have done four, don’t forget to split the dash, cover the flashing warning L.E.D lights with sponge rubber, every things straight forward just take you time, you could leave the ABS unit position and just disconnect the metal brake lines

Back
Top Bottom