New shark evo one 2

Benji

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , has anyone tried the shark evo one2 ? Like the idea of chin bar going all the way back, got a neotec at the mo, but with the chin bar up, it can act as a sail on occasions.

Hi
I've had a couple, as I really like them; great for riding in towns or taking it relatively easy in the summer, if you don't mind the odd fly in your face!

The only criticism I'd make (although not a huge problem) is that they're noisier at speed on the GSA (although strangely better on a blade I also have). Still not an issue in my mind, but some don't like it.

I've also heard that some find them a little heavy, but I can't say I've had an issue.

XL bike show this weekend - if you're going you might be able to find a bargain!

Good luck - Guy

The ultimate incarnation of the Evo-1 has all the features of the 1.2, but without the new pricetag.

I got one in HelmetCity's sale, after trying at their stand at the NEC (£195 IIRC) and going through all the features with the Shark rep there. Even he said that the 1.2 was virtually identical to the outgoing Evo1

Not the lightest of lids, but the abllity to wear with the chinbar secured at the back - is approved for riding, whereas most/all other flip-front lids are only rated/legal when chinbar secured forward.

The Inner dark drop-down visor covers most of the full-face aperture, on it's own, and the previous anomaly of the chinbar scraping the visor on the way back/forward has been corrected in the Evo.1

I wasn't aware there was an Evo One never mind another one out for 2018 the Evo One 2; they look good.

I have used the Shark Evoline in the 2 and 3 incarnations for years now and love them as i like the open face mode with the ability to "close up" when the weather gets
rough and rainy; the visor is also available for use with the chin bar locked back which, for me is a clincher, other "flip" offerings don't allow that. I would guess
my hat spends 99% of it's time like this ie. open face, visor up or down. Lack of a Pinlock system on these helmets is a downside, which is rectified on the One 2.

As my present Evoline is quite old now I will be looking to get a hands on look/try of the One/One 2. :thumb2

Shark made the Evoline 1,2 & 3 before the EVO1 and now the EVO1-2.
The EVO's have the auto visor open function on both opening and closing the chin piece.
The rest only auto open the visor on the chin open not down.
The difference in the EVO1 1 & 2 is that the old EVO1 had an issue with the visor rubbing the shell as too close in operation but the new 2 has a new mech that gives the visor distance.
I've had all the first 4 but the new EVO's are not as robust as the old Evoline and the chin down operation was dead easy to learn.
Also with the new ones there are complaints it now needs two handed closing as the side pods can be flexed due to head shape. The early ones were all one handed due to the extra pod strength.

My Evoline works great and, like UturnTony I only use it in rally bad weather (so it rarely gets used). The inbuilt shade is great for when you ride through a lot of tunnels; I wish my old Roofs had had one fitted.

I bought the Shark Evoline 3 (Hakka) last year for touring and absolutely love it.
I like the option of wearing it as on open face with the chin guard locked open (makes for easier transit through customs) as well as visor and sun visor up or down.
Its a bit noisier that a full face obviously but not as bad as some ive had.
The fit of Shark lids is spot on for me and personally, id recommend it!

evo 1 at Helmet city around £220 evo 1.2 same paint work same paint work design even, is £399.... there has been a correction made on the "new stock " eve 1 so there is no issues with the pillock scraping on the way up or down fantastic helmets

I bought the Shark Evoline 3 (Hakka) last year for touring and absolutely love it.
I like the option of wearing it as on open face with the chin guard locked open (makes for easier transit through customs) as well as visor and sun visor up or down.
Its a bit noisier that a full face obviously but not as bad as some ive had.
The fit of Shark lids is spot on for me and personally, id recommend it![/QUOT

Without highjacking the thread I thought I'd let you know I've just listed a nice used Hakka
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...OLINE-3-HAKKA-(M)-57-58?p=4992632#post4992632
Thanks
G

I've had my faulty Evo One replaced under warranty with the updated One version Two and it's an excellent lid :thumb2O
There are too many issues with the badly fitting pinlock on the original getting scratched so I'd avoid and go direct for the latest version but if you don't want/need a Pinlock then look at the standard versions, a Pinlock seems a bit of a no brainer if you ride in damp and cold conditions though !

I've had my faulty Evo One replaced under warranty with the updated One version Two and it's an excellent lid :thumb2O
There are too many issues with the badly fitting pinlock on the original getting scratched so I'd avoid and go direct for the latest version but if you don't want/need a Pinlock then look at the standard versions, a Pinlock seems a bit of a no brainer if you ride in damp and cold conditions though !

Again: The latest incarnations of the EVO 1 - have the modification which prevents that scratching. So, unless you buy a very old one, or second hand - you will not have the issues you experienced.

In summary - My EVO 1 bought last November - is near-enough the same as the 1.2, but a lot cheaper.

just bought in the last week an EVO 1 £219.99 at Helmet city ...no probs with the pinlock scratching at all, as above these have been modified. considering the eve 2 is £399, and its the same colours ,bit of a bargain really

I also had the later original version and it scratched, returned it to Shark at their request who then returned it claiming it was repaired but 3k miles later it was as bad as ever.
Motolegends replaced it at 6 months old with no quibble and the mechanism on the newer model is definitely superior to the original.
So..some do ,some don't.

You will need to use it a bit first before it will show any signs of rubbing...

Hi,
I have a Shark Evoline 3 helmet in size Medium, for 3 years now.
I'm thinking of buying the new Shark Evo-One 2.
My head circumference is a little over 58 cm, but the helmet I have is tight and it hurts my forehead and that is with the interiors settled in for 3 years.
The seller at the time said it was only a question of weeks until it fitted perfectly. It didn't happened and then it was too late to return it. If it was today I would have bought the large.
Well, I know the evoline 3 only had a shell size, and the Evo-One 2 has two shell sizes: one until medium and a bigger one for large and up.
So, if I was buying another evoline 3 I would order a large, but with the Evo-One 2 I'm lost. I don't want another helmet that hurts for 3 years.
What do you recommend?
Thanks

P.S. - I'm going to order it online and I don't have a dealer in my town.

I have had all the models up to this new second version - the trouble with Shark is they appear to use the customer as the basis to iron out niggles rather than test their own product. Weight is the key factor against - at present I have moved in favour of my latest Neotec 2

Shoei have nowhere near as many issues when putting a helmet to market although there is supply issues at present it seems with the comms kit and spare visors

Back
Top Bottom