Anyone fitted a GSA topbox to another make of bike?

Nutty

Reaction score
I’d like to use a GSA top box on my KTM, so has anyone found any mounting brackets to be able to mount it to a bike, other than a GS? I’ve looked at most other brands of top box, and they’re all bigger than the GSA box, so I want something more compact, for trips away.

I have had my GSA Top box on 1..GS....2x Triumph Explorer....1x...Guzzi Stelvio.

I did initially need to cannibalise a GSA Mount. If I want it on another bike now I just bolt the mounting plate to the rack.

Sorry I just can't seem to master putting pics up here.

I’d like to use a GSA top box on my KTM, so has anyone found any mounting brackets to be able to mount it to a bike, other than a GS? I’ve looked at most other brands of top box, and they’re all bigger than the GSA box, so I want something more compact, for trips away.

Just redrill the mount to fit and adapt to your bike's mounting plate............easy enough

I have a GSA top box on my Africa twin. I wasn't fussed about retaining the quick release mechanism, so got an SW Motech rack, which has some M6 threaded lugs welded into it. Simply drilled 4 holes in the top case and bolted it down. Due to the size of the rack and the plastic corner protectors on the box clashing I got another piece of aluminium and sandwiched it between the to box and rack to raise it up 4mm.

Just redrill the mount to fit and adapt to your bike's mounting plate............easy enough

Completely different size/ shape, unfortunately. The tubing of the GSA rack would need a lot of modifying to make it fit!

Nutty,

There's a guy looking to buy a GSA box here; http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/473352-Alu-Top-Box

Maybe yo would be better to sell yours and go with something from Givi or SW Motech that would be more portable across bikes?

I have gone with Givi Trekker Dolomiti and I know Eunuch has bought the SW Motech Trax.

Both of these have boxes of a similar size and style to the BMW ones...

Nutty,

There's a guy looking to buy a GSA box here; http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/473352-Alu-Top-Box

Maybe yo would be better to sell yours and go with something from Givi or SW Motech that would be more portable across bikes?

I have gone with Givi Trekker Dolomiti and I know Eunuch has bought the SW Motech Trax.

Both of these have boxes of a similar size and style to the BMW ones...

I've sold the GSA box, but looking at others, they all seems to be much bigger.

I could get another new one for less than any of the other brands, but wanted to see if there's an easy way to fit the GSA one to the 1290, as it seems to be the best.

I've fitted Jesse panniers to both my and my wife's old Harleys if that helps you any Nutty! :beerjug::beerjug::rob:rob

I've sold the GSA box, but looking at others, they all seems to be much bigger.

I could get another new one for less than any of the other brands, but wanted to see if there's an easy way to fit the GSA one to the 1290, as it seems to be the best.

The Touratech Box is similar in size to the GSA Box isn't it? Looks well made if a little pricey and looks to be finished in Anodized Black but presumably you will still need a mounting plate or adaptor :nenau

https://shop.touratech.co.uk/zega-pro-topcase-and-black-38-litres-with-rapid-trap.html

The Touratech Box is similar in size to the GSA Box isn't it? Looks well made if a little pricey and looks to be finished in Anodized Black but presumably you will still need a mounting plate or adaptor :nenau

https://shop.touratech.co.uk/zega-pro-topcase-and-black-38-litres-with-rapid-trap.html

Dimensionally it's similar in size, & it's well made cos I've got one.....although I didn't pay full price for it ;)...mounting plate is required.

38L capacity vs. 32L capacity of the BMW box.

Nevertheless it’s the obvious choice, what are you waiting for? :D

Good point. And the price isn’t too bad, so I’ll probably go down that route. It’s just a shame that the TT one can’t be keyed to the bike key, like the GSA box.

Good point. And the price isn’t too bad, so I’ll probably go down that route. It’s just a shame that the TT one can’t be keyed to the bike key, like the GSA box.

It's only a small key which you put on your key ring......:p

Back
Top Bottom