Non-OEM Pannier Bags - Anyone got these - ebay / 'Great Pannier liners'

They look alright - anyone tried these? :thumb2

Be interested to know if any experience with them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANNIER-...m=302351100492&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

Cheers
Rob

I've not bought those specific ones, but I did get the vario inner bags from the same seller - https://www.ebay.ie/itm/PANNIER-LINER-INNER-BAGS-LUGGAGE-BAGS-FOR-R1200GS-VARIO-EXPANDABLE/302288653895?hash=item4661cece47:g:ZfQAAOSwRLZUFvWQ - and have to say very happy with them. Well made with decent quality materials and a fraction of the cost of the branded ones. HTH :thumb2

They seem to be the same as the ones branded GreatBikerGear, which I have and are fine. Altho you're paying a lot more for a 1200gs logo which won't be seen for the majority of the time.

Any of those bags are fine - I'd err towards the £36 ones though.

I bought a set of 3 vario bags by Mane Event around 12 yrs ago. Still in use today, in Metalmule and Givi panniers.

The BMW ones are too heavy/cumbersome, but the ones by Mane Event and the first two suggestions here - appear to have the right amount of rigidity, without being bulky.

Al

I have a pair of Main Event bags. Low cost and do the job perfectly. They are not waterproof, but contents have never got wet. OEM branded accessory bags are waterproof, but so stiff they wont hold so much stuff and can be a nightmare to get back into the case once taken out.

TBH any bag will do the job.

Look good to me Rob. and good feedback for the seller.
I have the BMW ones which i'm glad of as they are waterproof and one of my boxes has sprung a bit of a leak (which i may have fixed, not tested it yet).

I have a pair of Main Event bags. Low cost and do the job perfectly. They are not waterproof, but contents have never got wet. OEM branded accessory bags are waterproof, but so stiff they wont hold so much stuff and can be a nightmare to get back into the case once taken out.

I can't seem to find Main Event anywhere having had a poke around. I agree on the OEM material - I do have the OEM top box bag and so there can go the absolutely needs to be dry stuff - but I agree with your point, they're so rigid that capacity would be lost and I'd rather a thinner or different material for the panniers so can get more stuff in.

Look good to me Rob. and good feedback for the seller.
I have the BMW ones which i'm glad of as they are waterproof and one of my boxes has sprung a bit of a leak (which i may have fixed, not tested it yet).

Cheers Tony :thumb

Got the same very good fit good and are good quality .

Excellent- thanks.. I think I'm going to pull the trigger... :thumb

Rob. i have rang David at Mane Event and he closed the business earlier this
year but he does have some bags left and will check what he has and let me
know tomorrow. I used to live a couple of miles from him in Urmston Manchester :D

know tomorrow. I used to live a couple of miles from him in Urmston Manchester :D

Thanks Tony! Really appreciate that :) :thumb

Rob, David has got back to me and he only has the NS. bag unfortunately.

Rob, David has got back to me and he only has the NS. bag unfortunately.

Hey ho- appreciate you trying. Will spot you a beer at the next event when we cross paths :thumb

Going to go with the ones on the bay. Thanks mate.

Back
Top Bottom