Is there a mudsling for R9T?

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if the collective new if there were plans for a mudsling for the R9T?

I have the Urban GS and can see the rear shock is full on in the firing line for road crud. I'm not keen on huggers but a nicely fitted Mudsling would be something I would consider fitting.

Cheers

Jon :beerjug:

I fitted the Puig hugger and it looks tidy.
I don't know of mudslings though.
Sorry.

I fitted the Puig hugger and it looks tidy.
I don't know of mudslings though.
Sorry.

I'm trying to keep the look of the exposed rear wheel which I like so I'm going to hold off as I have emailed Machine Art to see if they are planning anything.

Can't believe they haven't as there is a big R9T following and I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants one :nenau

Yeah I've seen the ebay effort but I think I'll pass on that one :augie :eek:

Good news though, Just had an email back from Machineart Moto and they are in the process of getting one to market for the R9T range so I will wait for that to appear.

In the meantime I will probably fit a neoprene shock protector from R&G that's only £20

I am going to offer up the one on my GSA to see just how much different they will be. I cant see it as being that much different as same swing arm, wheel size etc.

Just got a mail back from Machine Art Moto as I asked the question a few weeks ago, good news, it’s coming.

Hello Tony,

I'm glad you like our products and thanks for the note. Luckily, a MudSling for the R nine T is in the tooling stage and we should have products available in late April, early May. Nippy Normans will be carrying them and we'll notify you when the MudSling R9T is ready.

Regards,

Andrew

I have the Urban too and went down the route of the shock sock. Worked well then found a cheap generic Chinese mudsling on eBay for £20, fitted straight on and will do until the proper mudsling comes along later this year.

I have the Puig one on my R9T I think it looks fine but it’s not great at deflecting water,I have found still loads of crud over the rear of the bike.Protects the shock right enough:thumb2

Yep - protects the shock but that's about it :blast

Being in the mood to experiment - got a second hand Hexhead rear slash guard thingy off ebay and fitted it this afternoon.

Does nothing for the look of the bike and so will only keep it if it significantly reduces the spray problem - looks like it should get a good test over the bank Holiday weekend :augie

Huggers were a waste of time on the ordinary hexhead so likely to be just as rubbish on the R9T. They are just too short to catch the muck.
The only hugger likely to do anything more than look nice is something like the Britten V1000.

Back
Top Bottom