Delayed launch

Nah, you’re right !! I really really wish I could buy a BMW !

It’s just that I’m put off by the crap design, crap build quality, crap reliability , crap dealers and by the utter cockwombles that ride them !!

Just see the “ How to carry a water bottle on my LC” for a prime example !! ��

Exactly the same with Harley dealerships and my experience with their quality control - utter crap as well

Exactly the same with Harley dealerships and my experience with their quality control - utter crap as well

My local dealer has always been crap , so much so that many use CW in Dorchester instead , who are excellent . Infact the only Motorrad dealer I’ve used who aren’t shite !!

Made the mistake of buying a Turban locally last year . Hadn’t used the dealer since 2006, but , nope, still shite !!
I had a problem with the seat and they tried to charge me £160 for drilling out a bolt , including a £20 fee for test riding after !!!!

I’ll never use them again . Sold the bike shortly afterwards anyway as it was the most uncomfortable bike I’ve ever had .

Harley dealers will shortly be upping prices by 25% so that may change things a tad .

My local dealer has always been crap , so much so that many use CW in Dorchester instead , who are excellent . Infact the only Motorrad dealer I’ve used who aren’t shite !!

Made the mistake of buying a Turban locally last year . Hadn’t used the dealer since 2006, but , nope, still shite !!
I had a problem with the seat and they tried to charge me £160 for drilling out a bolt , including a £20 fee for test riding after !!!!

I’ll never use them again . Sold the bike shortly afterwards anyway as it was the most uncomfortable bike I’ve ever had .

Harley dealers will shortly be upping prices by 25% so that may change things a tad .

I use CW in Dorchester, find them really good and pleasant to deal with. Southampton HD were not so great when I had a Harley.

I use CW in Dorchester, find them really good and pleasant to deal with. Southampton HD were not so great when I had a Harley.

Adding to the plaudits for CW who are always a pleasure to deal with - like calling in to see your mates. It remains to be seen whether they can sell me a 750 on virtues other than its looks!

Finally got an invite to the F750/850GS launch ......... Sat 9 June.

I'm sure it's a good enough bike, but it I can't say it raises any desire to change. Anyway, let's see if it's been beta tested properly first.

Saw one today at the dealers. sat on it and it's quite heavy

Salesman started it, very quiet even with an Akra - whisper quiet at tickover

Exhaust looks horrid, pipes are very exposed and no protection

Old F800GS next to it looked far better

Very odd

Saw the new 850 at the dealers today. They had it neatly placed (exhaust side in) against a low wall just inside the door. I wonder why ? :augie

I took the 750 and the 850 out for a test ride the other day.
I wasn’t enamoured.
The 750 sounds awful - like rattling chains in your ears.
The 850 is ok - rides well and I quite like the suspension, but it is not “special”.
I won’t be changing my 700GS anytime soon.

The 850 aint for me either . . . . . . I'll stick with the F8GS for a good while yet . . . . . .

42591760072_291a6c0382_z.jpg

SteveT

:cool:

Hightist that is, hightist :D

Did I mention that I ride a F8GS?

The F8GS seat height is, I think, the same as the F850, so the amount of footprint I have planted on the ground really isn't that different . . . . . . . but I think the new bikes seat is slightly wider, splaying yer legs and loosing a bit of vertical reach for the legs . . . . . . which I don't have much of anyway :D, but I get by, even on the loose stuff :rob

SteveT

Reiten motorrad had one delivered today parked next to my Africa twin.
94320b3d0028e5c3fa7a9903dca323b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hightist that is, hightist :D

Did I mention that I ride a F8GS?

The F8GS seat height is, I think, the same as the F850, so the amount of footprint I have planted on the ground really isn't that different . . . . . . . but I think the new bikes seat is slightly wider, splaying yer legs and loosing a bit of vertical reach for the legs . . . . . . which I don't have much of anyway :D, but I get by, even on the loose stuff :rob

SteveT

Sorry, couldn't resist my flippent response, I am shorter than you, so in no position to take the piss :)

Back
Top Bottom