Spark Plug ?

alanbmwgs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are these plugs suitable for my 2003 single spark, 1150 if so do I need to set the gap ?
and would that be 31 thou ? BKR7EKC. Or recommendations for a better alternative.

Many thanks :beerjug:

Those should fit just fine on a single spark models 1100/1150. Do not adjust the cap, it's spot on from the factory. Just install them properly.

Also BMW manual says replace every 20K, I do 30-40K easily before any electrode wear is even noticeable, at least on quality NGKs. Hence they last a lot longer than the manual states.

A bit better alternative is the NGK Iridium sparkplug - I replace those every 40-60K (before any electrode wear is noticable), but they cost more accordingly.

Those should fit just fine on a single spark models 1100/1150. Do not adjust the cap, it's spot on from the factory. Just install them properly.

Also BMW manual says replace every 20K, I do 30-40K easily before any electrode wear is even noticeable, at least on quality NGKs. Hence they last a lot longer than the manual states.

A bit better alternative is the NGK Iridium sparkplug - I replace those every 40-60K (before any electrode wear is noticable), but they cost more accordingly.

if you ride like an old man and never get the rpms above 5k they will last for ever yes

if you ride like an old man and never get the rpms above 5k they will last for ever yes

Sums me up perfectly, at 68 one Heart Attack and Triple Bypass thrown in for good measure, funny how life takes on a different perspective. :rob:rob:rob.

Back
Top Bottom