Paul S - Give us a Givi Screen Review Please

SPL

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Paul,

Like the title says - any chance on some feedback of the Givi screen?

I've tried the R screen on my S (and currently have a Puig shorty) both of which are excellent for summer. :)

But, in the colder climate I could do with a bit more wind protection, but WITHOUT the annoying buffeting of the stock screen.

So, $6,000,000 question - is the Givi you bought the screen I've been waiting for? :nenau

So far so good - only done about 60 miles with it is so far last Sunday when it was very windy.

Settled with it 2 clicks down from highest and it gave good protection and little buffeting.

Planning to do another 200 miles over the weekend to finish running the bike in and will report back further ;)

So far so good - only done about 60 miles with it is so far last Sunday when it was very windy.
Settled with it 2 clicks down from highest and it gave good protection and little buffeting.
Planning to do another 200 miles over the weekend to finish running the bike in and will report back further ;)

Thanks Paul - look forward to hearing more next week :thumby:

Have you got the bike yet?
Very nearly. I've got a couple of quotes, but will probably go with my local dealer since there's only a hundred quid or so between them.

Trigger gets pulled on Monday. :clap

Actually, I'm guessing my local dealer is your local dealer (Laguna Ashford) they OK to deal with?

Got mine from Laguna - Travelled 170 Miles as the deal on the run out 2017 was so good. Found them fine to deal with but obviously will not be getting it serviced there. My only gripe is that they did not do the fuel pump filter recall/Technical Improvement thingy as part of the PDI - my local dealer will be doing it at the first service.

Actually, I'm guessing my local dealer is your local dealer (Laguna Ashford) they OK to deal with?

I got mine from Premier Bikes, Abingdon (bought my GSA12 from them) as they happened to have exactly what I was looking for.

I used to deal with Laguna when they were Powerbikes (Aprilia dealer) and they were OK then, but have no experience of them as Laguna.

I can't make weekdays (normally) due to work, but let me know when you're about, perhaps a weekend/evening and I'll pop over for a cuppa, although I may be in the car cos my SA is still in her jammys :D

Thanks Paul - look forward to hearing more next week :thumby:

Managed to do nearly 200 miles today with the Givi screen and still happy with it :)

On back roads set it to 2 clicks up from lowest position and then never gave the screen another thought!

Did a section of motorway and set to the highest position which for me gave good protection and limited buffeting.

Having struggled to get a good set up on my last 1190 finally settling on the old Super Adventure Mask and screen conversion - the Givi on the 1290S gives a much better solution.

Not perfect but close enough for me not to need to look at any other alternatives :thumb

Regarding screens, I’ve decided to go with a tri-screen arrangement......

2346f6c00959a9c808a34c0aaad5e07d.jpg

3dfec0a91fb828660036f75a4d025e35.jpg

I’ve not tested in anger yet, but Nutty has this set up and was very happy with its performance when we riding in the French Alps last year....

> OEM base screen
> Puig dark tint double bubble sports screen
> MRA x creen smoked spoiler

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Managed to do nearly 200 miles today with the Givi screen and still happy with it :)

On back roads set it to 2 clicks up from lowest position and then never gave the screen another thought!

Did a section of motorway and set to the highest position which for me gave good protection and limited buffeting.

Having struggled to get a good set up on my last 1190 finally settling on the old Super Adventure Mask and screen conversion - the Givi on the 1290S gives a much better solution.

Not perfect but close enough for me not to need to look at any other alternatives :thumb

Thanks Paul,

Stupid question (prompted by weirdness of Givi's site) - which screen do you have?

They list the 7706S (380mm high) as only being available smoked and the 76706ST (440mm high touring) as only being available clear.
I assumed you'd gone for the tall touring one, but yours seems to be smoked, which doesn't fit with their website descriptions :confused:

I've been looking around and found 3 options (MRA seem slow to the party);
  1. Givi 7706S 380mm High x 400mm wide
  2. Givi 7706ST 440mm High x 410mm wide
  3. Puig Touring 485mm High x 420mm wide
Puig say their screen is 75mm higher than stock (which seems pretty tall), and I think you might end up looking through it rather than over it.
Also if their measurements are accurate that would make the Givi 7706S 30mm shorter than stock which doesn't seem right :blast

Update: I found the picture of your screen when it had just arrived in another thread.

It's definitely the smaller Givi D7706S which they quote as 380mm High and 400mm Wide.

That's smaller than my measurements of the stock KTM screen (410mm H x 400mm W) but you said it was taller and wider than your OE screen??

My measures of the OE are consistent with what Puig quote, but I can only assume that Givi measure theirs in a different way :blast

Any chance you could tell me the difference in height between stock and Givi measured from the higher mounting hole to the screen top edge or something?

I want to bodge up something to attach to my OE screen to see what yours is like on a short test ride before I order one (or plump for the taller ST version).

Yes the smaller version but definitely larger than stock:

From top mounting bolt - vertical measurement to top of screen is around 10"/255mm.

Brilliant - thanks Paul.

I recon I can add my vario spoiler to the stock one to get a similar overall height as a test :aidan

Back
Top Bottom