HUD

I've experimented with one of these in my car, and it was only a qualified success. Main problem is the multiple reflections from front and rear surfaces of the screen which make the image less clear, and mine was too bright at night even though it is supposed to have an ambient light sensor. They come with a piece of mirror effect plastic which you can put on the screen to improve the reflection but I found this obstructed my vision too much even though it is semi-transparent. It might be OK on a bike where you are looking over the the screen rather than through it, but would get moved out of line if you adjust the screen position. I've now replaced the car one with a neat little non-refective display which runs off the ODB port.

I have also fitted one to my bike, to compensate for the pitifully small digits on the speedo, but got one which can display in two modes - one mode is inverted for reflective use and the other displays uninverted for direct viewing. I use the direct display mode and have it on a RAM mount alongside the satnav.

A6K-3047129-5574-X2.jpg

Neat. I'd be interested to see how it works in the day too, though.

I'm wondering if the HUD device is playing that crappy Country and Western Muzak.

Similar to what I have on my 5 series - which adjusts brightness and is really clear even in full sunlight. It does have the advantage of projecting onto a flat glass screen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fred I have just bought one. I can see the gps speedo end of the ram mount, where/ how did you attach to bike? Thanks.

Similar to what I have on my 5 series - which adjusts brightness and is really clear even in full sunlight. It does have the advantage of projecting onto a flat glass screen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lot of money, but I'm glad I specified it for mine too. :beerjug:

fred I have just bought one. I can see the gps speedo end of the ram mount, where/ how did you attach to bike? Thanks.

I superglued and araldited the rectangular base of a RAM ball onto the back of the unit. Also superglued the two halves of the unit case together to try to make it waterproof, which seems to have worked. At the other end of the RAM mount arm I have a RAM ball which clamps onto the satnav mounting frame/bar. This has a small diameter clamp designed for fastening to mirror stalks which are about the same thickness as the satnav mounting bar. I also have my satnav on an extension bracket to lift it higher up which affects the placement of the GPS unit. Here is another picture:

A6K-3047129-5579-X3.jpg

Do you have a 'link' for the HUD unit?
Cheers,
Johnt[/https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Car-HUD-GPS-Speedometer-Overspeed-Alarm-Windshield-Project-for-All-Vehicles/122827008879?epid=2213441411&hash=item1c990f6b6f:g:BNkAAOSwTQtaGCnC

Back
Top Bottom