Spare RT fairing anyone...? :)

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Down here in hardcore corner, I'm wondering if anyone has an RT fairing sitting in the garage after a Cappuccino McQueen/hipster/shape shifter conversion...? That includes Full fairing with pockets, lights and spider, brackets and possibly even ammeter and clock if possible... Don't really need the screen as I am too tall for the orig one... Colour not really important... Reasonably condition if poss... Obviously I'll pay some cash...:D But I need it sending...:augie

Obviously Airhead purists still perv over RS/RT fairings but there are stacks of custom bikes sans fairing so there must be tons of them lying around and hopefully not skip fodder...

I have a soft spot for RT's... Have had an 80 and a 100 Mono and missed a couple of other earlier ones... Sherlock's have a very clean looking Classic for sale but I'm trying to be happy with what I have...11GS, ST11 and an R100R which I also wanted for years... I have been trying to find info re fitting RT/RS fairings and have finally found the evidence... And it looks great... I like it better than a stock RT... The RR's were fitted with the best selection of BM bits at the time and my one has all the bits you would need on a standard bike... No need to change then... So aim for this...:thumb2

Attachments

• r100r_rt.jpg
    r100r_rt.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 414
If anyone has a majority of this then I am looking at approx. £200 on the Bay at the mo so worth a clear out if you have...:thumb

I think I remember reading the Steptoe of this parish had a few kicking around - he said something like that they would be worth a fortune when all the hipster bike were re-converted back to stock in a few years time.....might be worth a PM to him?

I think I remember reading the Steptoe of this parish had a few kicking around - he said something like that they would be worth a fortune when all the hipster bike were re-converted back to stock in a few years time.....might be worth a PM to him?

I've a few stacked up in the garage, mainly RT fairings... I'm hanging on to them as they cost me the best part of bugger all due to removing them from hipsters ebay buys.

One day i'll be a million-hair.

I've a few stacked up in the garage, mainly RT fairings... I'm hanging on to them as they cost me the best part of bugger all due to removing them from hipsters ebay buys.

One day i'll be a million-hair.

Surely one less wouldn't make a dent on the Steptoe trillions...:) I remember the pics of the stash of Airheads you were saving for the heathens to keep you in a style you are used to...:) My thinking was the silly feckers had used these iconic and irreplaceable bits of BMW heritage as skip fodder...:blast

Seriously...:eek::eek: If anyone wants to part with one then good oh, I'm listening... RT's are the main one but I have seen a couple of RS bits that might fit the bill...

One or t'other

Attachments

• r100r_rt.jpg
    r100r_rt.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 263
  • R100RSR2_zpse6b1bcf5.jpg
    R100RSR2_zpse6b1bcf5.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 286
If you go onto Shpok, (It's a selling platform for pretty much anything) and enter BMW R100 there is a bloke in Lighthorne (no idea where that is but it's a CV postcode) selling a complete set of everything taken from an R100RS which has been 'customised'

Here’s one we are just finishing off,
Full rebuild on motor,gearbox,bevel ,fresh paint.mmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• 19B560CC-D9BF-4B7C-9CA8-0B3E360AAED2.jpg
    19B560CC-D9BF-4B7C-9CA8-0B3E360AAED2.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 7CC16841-1BF4-425B-8963-765AC4BF9BD0.jpg
    7CC16841-1BF4-425B-8963-765AC4BF9BD0.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 228
If you go onto Shpok, (It's a selling platform for pretty much anything) and enter BMW R100 there is a bloke in Lighthorne (no idea where that is but it's a CV postcode) selling a complete set of everything taken from an R100RS which has been 'customised'

Cheers for that... There was one on eBay that looked good and I have been asking some of the usual places about bits out there.... but... Just had a lucky break... Chap up here in 60N that I ken is doing a custom and has a fairing... Forgot our conversation of last summer but now reminded...:)

Its near Lemington Spa you southern philistine :D

Its near Lemington Spa you southern philistine

You forgot 'soft'......obligatory when describing a southerner :p

As it happens my mother was evacuated to Leamington Spa to live with a relative who had spent many years in Africa; the house was filled with African artefacts, including shrunken heads which were placed on the sweeping staircase. A stick of bombs fell close enough to cause the heads to roll down the stairs and she was given the job of putting them all back:eek: ...a story she often repeated.......I suspect they would be highly illegal nowadays.

I passed through Leamington Spa for the first time a couple of years ago...en route to buy an R1200GS.....lovely town I thought.

Mick.

I managed a big lucky break with a fairing going spare up here 60N... I have been on the lookout for a pre 1985 15mm front brake master cyl in working order for the chap in question...;)

I am trial fitting the top fairing at the mo and apart from messing with the wiring to make it fit the spider, things are pretty good... The odd trim will have to happen but that's part of the fun... I have made a simple clean cut to the headlight brace that can also be reworked if necessary and that's all the messing with the R side if it so it's easily reversible... The inner pockets and lowers will be re worked a little but its all looking easily do-able... All good fun...:)

Back
Top Bottom