Tyre question!

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guy's, done a search on tyre post's last night and went through the lot, I have narrowed it down to Metzler Road Tec 01 or Michelin PR4 in my head. I want a pure road tyre as I don't go off road I never intend to. In past 2yrs of owning bike been on grass once! Any one got experience of these tyres? Or other recommendations? There going on a 2012GS not bothered about how many miles they last as only do about 3000 a year on it anyway! Just want better handling! still got original Tourance fitted at moment.

Thanks

Steve

PR4 - I found my limits well before I found the tyres’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

+1 for PR4`s :thumb2 on my 7th rear, average just over 5K miles on a rear and use 2 rears to a 1 front.

Don't overlook Avon Trailrider, I think they are a better all round tyre then the PR4, they are more "comfortable" to ride on and they aren't puncture magnets.

(I have used several sets of each on the Hexhead)

Sent from a U11

Pr4 are good. But prone to puncture. My nrxt set would have been the trail riders or even conti trail attack 2.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ive got trailriders, dry grip is very good,

Wet grip is very good too.

Ive got trailriders, dry grip is very good,

Wet grip is very good too.
I can't find a weak point with these tyres.

I recently put a set of Scorpion Rally STR on my bike......out of curiosity more than anything else but as soon as the rear is shot I will be putting Trailriders back on the bike.

Sent from a U11

Bloody hell! Back to the reviews! Haha. Most helpful though!

Conti Trail Attack 2 defo worth considering. :thumby:

Yup, thoroughly impressed with my Trailriders, on the look out for another pair as they often come up on special from MandP. After years of Tourance I find these tyres fantastic, both in the dry and wet, and wearing extremely well, love them

PR4’s are a great road tyre, but I found wear rate not the best due to the medium/soft compound combination. However, I didn’t experience any punctures.

New boots for me next month will be Continental Road Attack 3’s....another one to stick on your list .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've put 5k on a roadtec 01s on my RT and found them to be a fantastic tyre. I've rode all through winter so far in temps down to - 7c and not had any scary moments at all. They also look to be a very long lasting tyre. Would highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Conti Trail Attack 2 have no more off road ability than road attacks. Excellent tyres they don’t seem to square off like other brands.

Conti Trail Attack 2 have no more off road ability than road attacks. Excellent tyres they don’t seem to square off like other brands.

Totally agree with that last comment , it was my favourite thing about them and the first tyre that I could ride right of the edge of on my GS. So much better than a Tourance, equally as good as the fabled PR4 . I've had them too .

My current steed also had PR4 Trail on and when it came to tyre time I thought I would go for a pure road tyre. I was going to go for the Roadtec but my mate swears by his Bridgestones so went for the T30 Evo road tyre . I'm loving them and again they give me the confidence to ride off the edge of them , grip it great dry or wet and so far the look like they've little wear after 2.5k miles. We will se what they are like after Portugal next month . They are a great tyre and with the £50 promo that Bridgestone do around April time they were very cheap too.

The Contis would be my favourite .

Have PR4 at moment all good. will give the new PR5s a look when due in the summer.

8000 miles on 1st set of PR4s, 5000 so far on 2nd set. No punctures, no pressure loss and no need to buy anything else next time. They're brilliant in the wet and warm up quickly.

8000 miles on 1st set of PR4s, 5000 so far on 2nd set. No punctures, no pressure loss and no need to buy anything else next time. They're brilliant in the wet and warm up quickly.

I concur, I've used PR's in all there forms over the last 10 years always found them to be brilliant tyres. Currently using PR 1s on my R1150GS & PR 4s on the 1200 Hexhead, never found the limits of either set, wet or dry.

From 2 sets of tyres to 5! Now my head is cabbaged as it was before!

Back
Top Bottom