Hard Alpi Tour 2018

GS_Mad

Reaction score
Anyone going down for this and if so, which event are you doing. Me and a mate hopefully going down and doing the discovery route. I’ll be on an 800GS.

Any tips and advice from people who have done this tour before would be good.

Does anyone meet up on the way and form a UK contingent? Do you know if entries do sell out?

Cheers

Hi, I did the HAT last year, bloody great event, very well run by the over2000riders lot. I rode down, over 4 days, to the start via the Route des Grand Alps, which was fab.
The discovery is very laid back, no night riding but it's more sociable.
I think There were only 4 uk riders in last years event, including me, which was pretty poor really, but it is a long way to go for the event.
The 800 GS would be spot on, I rode my 1150 gsa and teamed up with two Swiss lads on 800s. It's suitable for any size bike.... you will love it. Mind you it pissed it down on the first day making it slippery

If you have any Qs pm me, I'm not an expert but if I can help!

Sounds great. Question for you - how did you get on with the language? I ask because I have received a few emails from over2000riders but it’s all in Italian, so I really don’t know if they are info or I need to be replying,,

Cheers

Language was not an issue,
segreteria@over2000riders.com ... use this email, the lady on the end of this is Rafaela Monti, and speaks / Writes back in English, she was my main contact throughout the planning.
The briefing was in Italian, so that was difficult but many of the staff speak English and as always the competitors are from all over Europe but all communicate in English as a common language.

Wondered how long it'd take, gooooneeeerrrrr.
How you and da berg doin?
That's a nice pictur of me, I wish I could figure out how to post pics on here....

Anyone else signed up for this? All planning done - just need to decide on my bike. I’ve got an 800 GS and a 1200 GS LC. Was doing it on the 800 but my mate who was going to be on his 800 Tiger has now just bought a new 1090 R, so I’m now tempted to use my 12? The HAT is the main purpose of the trip, but with the return journey we are looking at 2000 miles

Good effort, I’ve not looked at the forum for weeks and I see this from 39 mins ago.... wierd.
Anyway ya mates 1090 r will go well ... the off Rd stuff will be easier on the 800 the the run down might suit the 12 better.... the Discovery is a little less challenging than the classic or extreme but it’s still a great event.... my old Helga (1150 gs) was capable but the modern stuff makes life easier, better susp. And things. Good luck , you’ll love it .

It’s a sign Les - the HAT is calling ya. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom