Skye roads not for a novice

The SNP have done wonders for porridge land :p

Aye the bastards sending all the money down to Wastemonster paying for HS2, Trident, giving away all the oil and whisky money so the Ukgov can make a bigger cuntfuckery of the place instead of fixing the roads and keeping hospitals open.
4fkn hours to clean tar aff my exhaust.last week after a 40mile run :mad:
:blagblah

This makes for interesting reading as I've been thinking about heading up to Mull later this week on the Burgman. Thanx. :thumb2

This makes for interesting reading as I've been thinking about heading up to Mull later this week on the Burgman. Thanx. :thumb2

A82 is quite bad in patches up the side off Loch Lomond and between Crianlarich and Tyndrum. Very good for slalom practice.

I think I’ll give it a miss, Dad had an old uncle on Raasay I was too young to know how we got there presumably through Skye. Well my bro summed up Skye when we finally got back to Fisherrow he said it seemed like a wet quarry.

Out of curiosity has anyone done the east coast track/ road from Craighouse to Barnhill on Jura? When we kayaked around Jura in the seventies I wanted to see George Orwell’s house there. Well the other guys wanted to paddle Corryvreckan whirlpool (which was an anticlimax and flat as the proverbial witches T) so didn’t get to see my hero’s auld hoose close up.

Out of curiosity has anyone done the east coast track/ road from Craighouse to Barnhill on Jura? When we kayaked around Jura in the seventies I wanted to see George Orwell’s house there. Well the other guys wanted to paddle Corryvreckan whirlpool (which was an anticlimax and flat as the proverbial witches T) so didn’t get to see my hero’s auld hoose close up.

Yeah, me and a few others went up there on our bikes in 2012. We got permission from the estate and the owners of the house right at the end - Kinuachdrachd - where we parked and walked the final mile or so to view the Corrievechan whirlpool from the top of the cliffs. The access to the track is chained off at the end of the public road although it would be easy to build a small stone ramp to get a bike over. It’s a very rough track - large cobbles mostly and steep and rutted in places and two of the guys fell. One twice actually - I came round a corner to find him lying stuck under the bike. Fortunately he was giggling at his incompetence. We camped in the dunes near the airfield.

There’s a ride report on the ABR forum somewhere but this was only part of an awesome trip up the west coast.

AustinW thanks for that info I might try again sometime this year. It would have been great to have a track/road down the west coast we bivied the night in a great Bothy at Grengaridale but that side seems inaccessible for all vehicles. I’m to old to paddle now we did the whole of Jura paddled from a campsite at Arduaine, oh to be young again. I didn’t climb the paps but one of the girls on the trip did.

Came from Uig to here last night an hour and a half later than we should have due to yet another cock up in Tarbert port causing delay. I can confirm that the roads are shite...especially between Portree and Broadford.

The Transport Secretary should resign immediately.

Once we get independence we should have enough money to give to the councils the help build the infrastructure after years of Westminster austerity and bad governance by labour held councils

Once we get independence we should have enough money to give to the councils the help build the infrastructure after years of Westminster austerity and bad governance by labour held councils

if you believe that you will believe anything. :D

Road network is already the responsibility of the Scottish government not Westminster ;)

Had a wander 2 weeks ago from the Southern Borderlands of Scotland to the top and back down the middle , no doubt the roads in Scotland have gotten into a dreadfully bad state of repair :eek::mad:
Bloody awful infact, actually its quite scandalous what has been allowed to happen .
It will start to maroon some of the outlying communities due to the amount of ££££ damage to their vehicles.
My riding bud is an M.O.T inspector locally and has never seen this weight of damaged vehicles .
This HAS to move UP the political agenda !!

Back
Top Bottom