Don't lose your key

Where can I get the link from

This is the earlier thread: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/447668-Keyless-Want-a-spare-cut?highlight=cut+key+photo

I've delved into my old emails and can now tell you that the guy's name is Ben Assender (ben@keysinthepost.com) and the company seems to be called Express Auto Keys. The phone number is 01732 440472. He sent me a Paypal invoice, and the cost was £16 including postage.

My bike is keyless, but the key works fine for unlocking the satnav and seats. You will have to make your own assessment of whether there is any security risk in sending pictures of your key to a third party, or whether it would be safer to use a dealer. I had my key delivered to a relative's address to avoid disclosing my own address, though I wondered afterwards if the PayPal payment could have revealed my address anyway, even though I think I paid the PayPal invoice by credit card and not through my PayPal account.

Fred

OK, so being new to this keyless malarkey what's the advantage of having a separate key that can only be used for your satnav/seat/panniers is it simply so you can keep the keyless fob in a zipped pocket somewhere to avoid the possibility of loosing/dropping it and riding off not knowing you've left it behind?

This is the earlier thread: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/447668-Keyless-Want-a-spare-cut?highlight=cut+key+photo

I've delved into my old emails and can now tell you that the guy's name is Ben Assender (ben@keysinthepost.com) and the company seems to be called Express Auto Keys. The phone number is 01732 440472. He sent me a Paypal invoice, and the cost was £16 including postage.

My bike is keyless, but the key works fine for unlocking the satnav and seats. You will have to make your own assessment of whether there is any security risk in sending pictures of your key to a third party, or whether it would be safer to use a dealer. I had my key delivered to a relative's address to avoid disclosing my own address, though I wondered afterwards if the PayPal payment could have revealed my address anyway, even though I think I paid the PayPal invoice by credit card and not through my PayPal account.

Fred

And confusingly, there is also Express Keys not far away near Bromley, who will also do magic with bike and car keys. They cloned a chipped Aprilia key for me.

OK, so being new to this keyless malarkey what's the advantage of having a separate key that can only be used for your satnav/seat/panniers is it simply so you can keep the keyless fob in a zipped pocket somewhere to avoid the possibility of loosing/dropping it and riding off not knowing you've left it behind?

When you look at the price of a new Key fob, and price of a key for just opening the paniers and removing satnav, it will start to make sense.

When you look at the price of a new Key fob, and price of a key for just opening the paniers and removing satnav, it will start to make sense.

and what is this ?(Keyless fob)

Also if the key is in your pocket you can’t leave it in the seat or pannier lock!!! Don’t ask me how I know this��
This. A keyless bike will start with the key fob in a pannier/topbox lock. Ride along happily until you stop and find the key bounced out some time ago (bike will keep running). You then stop and find the key missing and the bike will not restart. My key fob lives in my jacket pocket attached to a lanyard. A BMW supplied chipless key lives in a separate pocket attached to a longer lanyard. One thing to remember, I sometimes drape my jacket over the bike while having a coffee or cable lock it to the bike when on a ferry. I need to remember to take the key fob with me.
Alan R

Is the high cost because it was stolen so they have to reprogram the bike?

I've just got a spare key from Alan Jeffries after losing both my spare and emergency plastic ones in a house move. Cost me £35 and came coded to the bike already (twin cam so not keyless)

Sorted all info here was good, just ordered 2 spare keys. email below received from my BMW garage :beerjug:

i can order you two keys without transponder. One key costs 27,22Euro within tax, is that ok for you?

Can you please send me a copy of your passport? I need it to order the key.

I ordered a couple of key blanks for <$7 just for the panniers and nav, I find at times that I have to turn or wiggle the chipped key too much and I'd rather not weaken it's hinge point over time.

and what is this ?(Keyless fob)

Same as one you are selling, it is not really keyless, it is called keyless ride, but the fob normally has a key in it, as to not forget key and fob in locks in paniers, a key on its own without a fob is useful :blast

Same as one you are selling, it is not really keyless, it is called keyless ride, but the fob normally has a key in it, as to not forget key and fob in locks in paniers, a key on its own without a fob is useful :blast

I know what the keyless ride is, im on my second GSA with it, and love it.
I was referring to the price of a spare (Keyless fob)
You lot seem to be complicating this keyless stuff.
The Keyless fob in your pocket. And the plastic emergency one stowed somewhere else when away. Its not complicated. and you dont need anything else?
I have a spare Keyless fob which can be coded to any keyless bike, as a spare. (refer to previous pictures) A spare keyless fob is simply because of the ridiculous cost of replacing !:thumb2

I know what the keyless ride is, im on my second GSA with it, and love it.
I was referring to the price of a spare (Keyless fob)
You lot seem to be complicating this keyless stuff.
The Keyless fob in your pocket. And the plastic emergency one stowed somewhere else when away. Its not complicated. and you dont need anything else?
I have a spare Keyless fob which can be coded to any keyless bike, as a spare. (refer to previous pictures) A spare keyless fob is simply because of the ridiculous cost of replacing !:thumb2

Extra key as to not knacker up the Fob, more expensive to replace, and pain in the arse. :beerjug:

Also if the key is in your pocket you can’t leave it in the seat or pannier lock!!! Don’t ask me how I know this😎
Cheers chaps, that makes sense. Now off to source a spare.....:beerjug:

.... One thing to remember, I sometimes drape my jacket over the bike while having a coffee or cable lock it to the bike when on a ferry. I need to remember to take the key fob with me.
Alan R

How's about your trouser pocket for the fob then Allan? Your not gonna leave those on the bike while you wander off!

How's about your trouser pocket for the fob then Allan? Your not gonna leave those on the bike while you wander off!
Id like to say that you’re right but once on a campsite in Wales....:beer:
Good idea I’ll give it a go.;)
Alan R

Back
Top Bottom