Triple ... The bobber with added CT

Fascinating.

A quick question - do you have the heaters on when you spray ??

I don't use spray paint in the workshop when the wood burner is running as I'm a little concerned about flash-over, maybe I'm just being over-cautious :nenau.

Bob.

Fascinating.

A quick question - do you have the heaters on when you spray ??

I don't use spray paint in the workshop when the wood burner is running as I'm a little concerned about flash-over, maybe I'm just being over-cautious :nenau.

Bob.

Yeah I have heaters on in the booth while I paint. Although I run Infa Red heaters which are super safe.

I wouldn't worry too much about bursting into flames unless you're actually spraying something which you've hung 6" in front of the fire.

In normal conditions any airborne solvents / flammables will have evaporated / dried long before they actually reach the actual flame.

NB - Please don't take this advice as a given as I've not seen your set up, of course spraying airborne solvents is done entirely at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for any subsequent explosions :D

Sorry I had to write that fella, sign of the times unfortunately.

@tunneruk.

Fabulous work.

@voyager

I would also be concerned about 'bits' in the air from the wood burner settling into wet paintwork.

You guys must have seen one of the numerous threads over in the 1200 section about the W/C Bikes having a weeping water pump .......

As it turns out ..... Triumph's have a similar Achilles heel .... :blast

Please see exhibit A .... the small patch of coolant on the ramp. Closer inspection reveals weeping coolant and from the water pump. Time for a new one, not bad for a 17 year old part I guess but it's £200 I'd rather have spent on Biscuits!

40440627212_d76cb73335_b.jpg

You guys must have seen one of the numerous threads over in the 1200 section about the W/C Bikes having a weeping water pump .......

As it turns out ..... Triumph's have a similar Achilles heel .... :blast

Now you know why certain models are known as "Steamers". :augie

So - Waterpump fitted today, decided to change the oil for good measure.

And with that it's finished, I'm going to run it down for an MOT tomorrow.

However, it was a dry afternoon so I decided to run it up the lane ... you know, all in the name of ironing out glitches ;)

As dry as it was I still had to negotiate a couple of bands of draining water across the road ..... :blast This bike isn't for wet weather that's for sure!!

IMG_7949 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7948 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7951 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7953 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7952 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_7954 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Lovely......much nicer than the original owners vision. Only thing that, to me, doesn’t look good enough is the exhaust. I’d have a full titanium system of some description on it.

Only thing that, to me, doesn’t look good enough is the exhaust. I’d have a full titanium system of some description on it.

I understand where you're coming from but I like the exhaust, I like the colour and almost the 'dirtiness' of it I hope the exhaust outlet goes black.

Final photos (Until I change something!!)

Down for an MOT and aside from a blown tail light lamp (it was 6v not 12v :D ) it passed. It's absolutely awesome to ride, the only real job to do is to modify the exhaust as with even modest roundabout action it scrapes on the floor, with some careful fabrication I think I can gain 2" of clearance, enough to make it useable.

One last job I did was to re-configure the backlit handlebar buttons, the horn button now also acts as a neutral light and the starter button now acts as an oil light.

As it was a lovely day I gave it a clean up and a polish and took some proper sunshine photos.

_MG_0030 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9993 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0017 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9982 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0025 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9992 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9991 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9987 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0034 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0003 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9985 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0014 by tunneruk, on Flickr

That looks glorious. Not a fan of bobbers, Harleys etc but it just looks superb.

Daft question,but how did it pass the MOT with that tiny number plate and quite probably a rather loud exhaust ?

The exhaust isn't overly loud and I velcro'd a full size yellow / black number plate on for the MOT ;)

I took the dogs for a walk to Boarley Farm earlier and some twat had left a Triumph Bobber in the middle of the road...

You gonna change the colour of any covers from that engine?

Back
Top Bottom