Poor Salesmanship

First it was Bahnstormer, now Infinity. Can't wait 'til someone moans about some stale Dutchy of Cornwall biscuits!

How simple is it... A good salesman should easily be able to tell if you need help or want to browse undisturbed and should simply say "if you need any help ..."

Anybody considering spending a grand on a jacket certainly does need help. :D

Hey,

My new registration on this forum kills two birds with one stone, I'm currently seeking advice on purchasing a GS in the not too distant future, which is a subject I'll tackle later, and the other thing I can do is try and gain a bit of clarity on this.. What with being the manager of Infinity Oxford.

In your original comment you mention Three salesmen.. We've only had Two staff at any one time in over the last 10 days due to our commitments to the Excel show in London.
So my thinking on this is that you've mistaken a customer for a member of staff, which in your defense is easy enough to do as we wear Rukka soft shell jackets and blend in quite well..
Or you've visited Camberley or Farnborough?

If it's the first one, I'd like to extend an apology, we pride ourselves on not only being as knowledgeable as possible in the products that we sell, we also try our utmost to be as attentive as possible to our customers, some of which have found this thread and pointed it out to me as they thought it was odd.

In our defense, you may have noticed our lack of a warehouse door which is currently sealed up as we're refitting the entire warehouse into an ADV/Touring room, meaning myself and Sophie having to go the long way around to pick out any stock for our customers.
Along with being two staff members down. Safe to say, we didn't have any 'breaks' over the weekend...

As a side note, what you're spending vs the level of care you get from us is utterly irrelevant, you get the same level of care buying an Oxford 90 degree valve adapter at £3.99 as you do buying a D-Air suit at £4000.
You'll always get a hello/morning/afternoon as you enter, and 99% of the time get a "If you need any help just ask" while perusing, we're not perfect, and every once in a while someone will slip through without getting 100% of our attention, and for that we hold our hands up.

The bottom line however is that we're here to help, it's what we enjoy doing.. Which in this day an age is a rarity.

Either way, if you want to have a chat about it, please feel free to call me on 01865 343534, or email at oxford@infinitymotorcycles.com, I'm off tomorrow, but back in Wednesday/Thursday.

Cheers,

Ben.
Good one Ben! And welcome to the madhouse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I once complained to Nestle about only getting 3 fingers in a 4 fingered Kit-Kat, but I never did hear back :(

How did you not notice there were only three fingers in it? Wouldnt the wrapper have been flapping around?

Thank fuck the other 3 packs of 4 finger Kit-Kats were complete. It would have certainly spoilt my mid morning snack if they hadn't been :fnikefork

Indeed :D

Far too much; "I've got the money, treat me like I'm somebody special..........."

Andres

I'd have said this sounded like far too much "looking after customers is an interruption of our valuable time..." and if having your presence acknowledged and being asked if you'd like some help or prefer to browse undisturbed is being treated like "somebody special" then, I'm definitely with the demanding elitists.

For me the two assumptions in the OP’s original complaint are concerning the other customers in the shop that day.
We are told that the other folks “didn’t buy anything” and that they “also didn’t seem to buy anything”.
Well just because you didn’t witness a transaction take place doesn’t mean there wasn’t one. It also doesn’t mean that those you saw aren’t coming back for a test ride with view to spending many times more than you are.
I have had the experience of having a potential customer dismissed by a manager on the grounds that “they aren’t going to buy anything”. When I took it upon myself to speak to them they needed help as a new rider and no they didn’t buy anything that day. But when they came back they bought a bike with quite a few extras, plus a complete set of gear.
So stop jumping to conclusions about what you think is happening and give people the benefit of the doubt.
And as for the “went on a break” comment, we all need a pee at some point in a day.

For me the two assumptions in the OP’s original complaint are concerning the other customers in the shop that day.
We are told that the other folks “didn’t buy anything” and that they “also didn’t seem to buy anything”.
Well just because you didn’t witness a transaction take place doesn’t mean there wasn’t one. It also doesn’t mean that those you saw aren’t coming back for a test ride with view to spending many times more than you are.
I have had the experience of having a potential customer dismissed by a manager on the grounds that “they aren’t going to buy anything”. When I took it upon myself to speak to them they needed help as a new rider and no they didn’t buy anything that day. But when they came back they bought a bike with quite a few extras, plus a complete set of gear.
So stop jumping to conclusions about what you think is happening and give people the benefit of the doubt.
And as for the “went on a break” comment, we all need a pee at some point in a day.

You do realise this is UKGSer.:D

I bought a jacket & gloves from Infinity Oxford last spring & my personal experience of them was very good.

On my arrival they were busy dealing with customers so I went off to have a browse; a few minutes later one of the staff came over to me and politely asked if they could assist me....then my turn began & items were tried on & bought.

They didn't have the right size gloves, so they ordered @ the PC and I had them delivered to my home 2 days later.

And a follow up e-mail to ensure I was happy.

:D

They don't allow clothing out for test rides at Infinity ;)

I was permitted to put on a new jacket off the rack and then go & sit on my bike outside to make sure it still fitted correctly when in the riding position....which was fine with me :D

I was permitted to put on a new jacket off the rack and then go & sit on my bike outside to make sure it still fitted correctly when in the riding position....which was fine with me :D

Yes likewise when I bought my Rukka Armaxion but I called it a test sit, not a test ride :D

I have a lovely warm jacket but (just like every other one I’ve tried) the sleeves are too short. They are not wide enough to go over glove cuffs and will let in draughts when gloves go over the jacket. Getting gloves on properly takes ages.
BTW -4 blast even through a 1/2 mm crack is like a cold knife at riding speed. But we know that.

Back
Top Bottom