Mounting a Garmin 595

I used Ram mounts - £26 Ram Mount RAM-B-408-37-62U Mini Rail Base with 1" Ball plus a socket arm, however it took a few goes to get it right, works fine with my tomtom 400

Attachments

• garmin mount.jpg
    garmin mount.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 373
Bmw do a crossbar mount with the 4 bolts garmin.pattern and stand offs, it fits the xr ,
Its a plastic mount block youput the garmin mount on to, check at bmw,
Used on on my gs wc with 4 button mount until i got the locking mount and wonder wheel,
Pm me an e mail address if you get stuck i will send photos, it wasnt expensive and fits well,

I used the BMW mounting block on the crossbar of my GS LC with my Tomtom Rider, but the hole pattern was 90 degrees out for my Garmin 395LM.

I’ve just bought a 595LM and haven’t fitted it yet, but I think the holes are the same orientation as the Tomtom :confused: If so, I’ll refit the BMW mounting block which is an R110RT or 1150 RT part. Paul at Allan Jefferies sourced it for me as you can’t buy the GS LC block without the full Rider 5 cradle.

It’ll definitely work, so no more ugly RAM mount
26b8edb8e2131208a6d1dbbaadfcbdfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Sven. Do you know the part numbers by any chance?

Also are you trimming the harness down or stuffing the whole lot somewhere?

Thanks Sven. Do you know the part numbers by any chance?

Also are you trimming the harness down or stuffing the whole lot somewhere?

No, sorry, but a decent parts man should find it pretty quickly. I don’t want to trim the harness as it’ll affect resale value, so I’ll just hide it beneath the right hand tank panel (like the power supply unit on the 395LM)....or I might just buy that S1000XR Sport SE I looked at last week with the GPS cradle already fitted :p

Back
Top Bottom