Damp weather effecting starting.

KP100

Reaction score
WOnder if you guys could point me in the right direction.

The wet and damp conditions seem to make my bike splutter a bit on starting. Some times it stalls after ignition after a few revolutions.

It happens when it rains or is cold and damp. Even under cover. Only for the first minute.

Where should I be looking to fix this issue.

New battery fitted.

WOnder if you guys could point me in the right direction. Try affecting.

Derek

Douse all electrics and ignition leads in WD40 or the like and if it still does it but always starts and runs ok.
i'd just put it down to the conditions.

As above, the bike should start without any issues. The GSs like to spin twice before starting, that's the usual thing. So if it's taking longer, definitely look at the electrics and use either WD40 or ACF50.

Cheers,
Rami

Water dispersal and protection

A company called Vapor-tek based in Bolton produce a spay on coating called steelgard. This outperforms ACF50 in a number of ways one of which is that it quickly disperses water and damp (better than WD40 or any other product I have ever used). The anti corrosion performance is way above ACF50. http://www.vapor-tek.co.uk/steelgard/

A company called Vapor-tek based in Bolton produce a spay on coating called steelgard. This outperforms ACF50 in a number of ways one of which is that it quickly disperses water and damp (better than WD40 or any other product I have ever used). The anti corrosion performance is way above ACF50. http://www.vapor-tek.co.uk/steelgard/
You can get this on eBay now - just search for Steelgard

A prime candidate for water ingress is the throttle position sensor on the left side throttle body. Maybe its worth popping the wiring connectors off that and the fuel injectors and giving them a spray with WD or similar.

The externally mounted secondary coils are important for smooth tickover (and presumably less stalling).
All coils fail over time so don’t be surprised if yours are past their best.

Back
Top Bottom