Exped Sleeping Mat Wanted

UturnTony

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got a long camping trip approaching so want to upgrade my sleeping arrangements by moving from my trusty old
Thermarest self inflater to an Exped. The one i have identified as being for me is the Exped Synmat 7 M with
built in inflator which i can get for about £80 delivered but, before i plunge i thought i would ask on here if there
is anyone with with such a thing they no longer want/use so would like to sell it.

Anyone? :thumb2

I would spend the extra on the down version personally

And go for the long/wide version while yer at it ... You deserve it! :beerjug:

Yep second that. The down version is brilliant. Best thing I've ever camped on. Comfortable, light weight and really warm. Well worth the extra. Either way for a pump the inbuilt ones are ok, but exped also make dry bags which pack down really well because they have a valve at the bottom......which also connects to the mattress so works as a pump. Works really well. Mattress is pumped up in a quarter of the time, plus you can keep your sleeping bag in it during the day. Brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have both the Synmat and the Downmat, both in 7" Long & wide. TBH in "normal" temperatures there's no difference between them. When it gets to a few degrees below the downmat was marginally warmer, but it wasn't like the synmat was cold or anything. Pack size is almost the same and I think the synmat is actually lighter.

I was a devotee of the downmat until I got the synmat (on advice from my friendly out door Shop - https://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?ActionID=67174912&PBCATID=1480187&PBCATName=Roll%20Mats. Save your money and get the synmat.

We have both the Synmat and the Downmat, both in 7" Long & wide. TBH in "normal" temperatures there's no difference between them. When it gets to a few degrees below the downmat was marginally warmer, but it wasn't like the synmat was cold or anything. Pack size is almost the same and I think the synmat is actually lighter.

I was a devotee of the downmat until I got the synmat (on advice from my friendly out door Shop - https://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?ActionID=67174912&PBCATID=1480187&PBCATName=Roll%20Mats. Save your money and get the synmat.

I tend to agree although i do take on board the comments Ref. the Downmat. The Synmat 7 is rated at 4 seasons (-17C) which should be fine for me.
I looked at the LW but that's too long for me, being a short arse 5'7 and a half (important that half) so the M will suffice i reckon. I would have gone for
the MW version but Exped don't do one in the basic Synmat 7 version just the M. They do a MW in the UL version though.

Anyhow, order going in here today; :bounce1

https://www.trekitt.co.uk/2539/products/exped-synmat-7-m-sleeping-mat-with-integrated-pump.aspx

I can get it a few quid cheaper but i spoke with these guys and found them very helpful so want to give them the business :D

Thank's for the input all :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom