What programm/app to make routes?

Aleksandar the Great

Reaction score
Good evening,

I am looking at finding a good app or website where I could do routes and import them on the sat nav6.
I currently use My route app and it is OK but not excellent.
I am open to suggestions.
Cheers Aleks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Pocket earth

Kurviger.de

Every man and a his dog has his favourite. BaseCamp and / or Mapsource still take some beating, not least as they both integrate seamlessly with Garmin devices. That they require a basic PC / Mac to run them is a different matter. If you use many of the other apps you still need to find a way to get the route or track off your tablet / smart phone or whatever onto your Garmin device. Sometimes it’s a real faff and errors creep in.... see several threads on the topic.

Pocket earth

Kurviger.de

Every man and a his dog has his favourite. BaseCamp and / or Mapsource still take some beating, not least as they both integrate seamlessly with Garmin devices. That they require a basic PC / Mac to run them is a different matter. If you use many of the other apps you still need to find a way to get the route or track off your tablet / smart phone or whatever onto your Garmin device. Sometimes it’s a real faff and errors creep in.... see several threads on the topic.

Any idea what Nutty uses :nenau :D

BaseCamp. :thumb2

If you can be arsed, search for my questions posted on here on this very topic - plenty of time spent enjoying MotoGoLoCo, only to find my Zumo 550 doing its own thing with what I'd created on MGL.

Convinced BaseCamp convert now, thanks to input & help from the dudes on here. I do still use MGL, Google Maps & Google Earth to check what I'm doing and where I'm going, but all route creation I do in BaseCamp.

BaseCamp. :thumb2

If you can be arsed, search for my questions posted on here on this very topic - plenty of time spent enjoying MotoGoLoCo, only to find my Zumo 550 doing its own thing with what I'd created on MGL.

Convinced BaseCamp convert now, thanks to input & help from the dudes on here. I do still use MGL, Google Maps & Google Earth to check what I'm doing and where I'm going, but all route creation I do in BaseCamp.
Thanks for the input... I will have a look over the weekend and create a route and see how it works.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I use tyrestotravel simple and really is easy to get to grips with

Often recommended but still not available to Mac users (AFIK)

ps - lots of very useful videos on Youtube about using Basecamp

Pocket earth

Kurviger.de

I still find Mapsource the easiest to use

Still can’t get to grips with Basecamp after several attempts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom