New fuel filter ?

alanbmwgs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I’m going to replace my fuel filter on 2003 1150gs, can anyone please tell the size of stainless steel jubilee clip I need. :beerjug:

Many thanks in advance. :thumb

Unless someone comes in with something different, 13mm clips BUT make sure they're either the proper crimp-type ones or if you want to use re-usable ones, don't use jubilee clips, use ones which are specific for high pressure fuel-injection systems.

Marc

Unless someone comes in with something different, 13mm clips BUT make sure they're either the proper crimp-type ones or if you want to use re-usable ones, don't use jubilee clips, use ones which are specific for high pressure fuel-injection systems.

Marc

13mm is correct :thumb2 - BMW crimp on clamps (13.1-15.3mm):

16121176918_1_B.jpg

Part No 16 12 1 176 918, are easy to put on with centre cutters like these:

123100_center-pin-cutter-1.jpg

You can likely put them on with side cutters, if you're careful.

If you want reusable ones, BMW do these:

13311460928_1_B.jpg

Part No 13 311 460 928

Or any 13mm fuel injection clamps from a motor factor...

Reusable clips are absolutely fine for the fuel system, although you can re-use the originals.
13mm sounds right, I seem to remember Motoworks sell them, have a look on there website.

Hope you close the fuel pipes better than this thread !:D

I ticked the “ Close Thread” box twice, looked around couldn’t see anything else to do, checked to see if it had closed “twice” then gave up ! :blast:jes:jes:jes
Should I ask Mickey Boy to do the filter :hug:hug

Should I ask Mickey Boy to do the filter

Alan

If you haven't done so yet here's some tips for you:

Make sure the tank is empty.

When you lift the tank off completely you'll find there are 5 x nasty little fixed bolts holding the pump-unit to the tank sealed with a large 'O' rubber seal (You MUST replace this seal) ... be very careful with these bolts as they will sheer if over-tightened ... if you're in doubt Line 1 applies

:thumb2

Alan

If you haven't done so yet here's some tips for you:

Make sure the tank is empty.

When you lift the tank off completely you'll find there are 5 x nasty little fixed bolts holding the pump-unit to the tank sealed with a large 'O' rubber seal (You MUST replace this seal) ... be very careful with these bolts as they will sheer if over-tightened ... if you're in doubt Line 1 applies

:thumb2

6 bolts hold the "cover" in place.
No need to replace the large "O" ring. I think i've replaced two over the years and many hundreds of filter changes on customers bikes, and that was only due to previous owners damaging the O ring.

Hey, no problem. Always happy to help (not MikeO or fandf)

:cool:
Many thanks to all for commenting on my post. I’m a fuel filter VIRGIN, Tank off tomorrow, soaking the studs with WD40, while awaiting delivery of the filter, “O” ordered from Motoworks £2 odd, “sorry Steptoe “ for the cost of the O ring on my 15 year old bike I didn’t want to take any chances. Will keep you all posted. :goodnight

No longer a fuel filter virgin any longer, all went well. :rob
Many thanks to all who contributed. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom