Recommend me somewhere to stay in Tobermory and Oban please.

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A very late decision will see me heading north tomorrow with a view to visiting Mull.
I'm hoping to get to Oban in time to get the ferry over late tomorrow afternoon but if I don't get there in time or there's no room on the ferry I'll have a night in Oban and cross over on Thursday morning.
The plan is to stay until Saturday afternoon then wind my way back home on Saturday evening/Sunday.
Any 'must do/see' assuming I make it to Mull?

As usual, thanks in advance Comrades.

Lots of good Guest Houses along the Corran Esplanade in Oban.
Calgary beach near Dervaig, on Mull, is very nice.
Tobermory is worth 10 mins look around.
Iona might be worth a visit but it’s a long run.

Yoof hostel in Oban is open all year round. At this time of year, you've a good chance of getting a room to yourself. Right on the Corran esplanade with views across to Kerrera and a short walk to the pub. Hotels nearby do good grub too. Decent weather forecast for tm too but a cauld blast coming in over the weekend. Tempted to take a birl up there myself.

Turn right when you get off the ferry to avoid the folk going to Iona . Circumnavigate the island. Fabulous.

we stay at the Kings Knoll In Oban cheap and cheerful , five min walk into the centre, Plenty of bike and car parking on the grounds

A short distance outside Tobermory, but we had a short break at Arle Lodge a few years ago http://www.arlelodge.co.uk. Nice place to stay, good rooms and reasonably priced.

In fact, having just browed the website again and had a few moments thought, I reckon I will be making a return trip soon.

Edit.... I just looked again. Th place is closed until easter. :blast never mind, perhaps one to remember for another trip.

Thank you very much all for your help. All sorted for the moment. Thanx again.

Back
Top Bottom