New here

Too hot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all just thought I would join the forum to try to find out what I’m missing.
Been riding bikes for 40 years obviously as I got older the bikes have changed from sports to tourers.At the end of last year I had a clear out and sold my Ducati and Triumph Tiger 1050, and bought a BMW RnineT .That was my first BMW,lovely bike and runs really well great engine however it’s tiny and very cramped for my height (6,2”).Really regret selling the Triumph as it suited my riding much better than the Rninet.So now the plan is to sell or trade in the Rninet for a GS.Now what GS to buy? Is it better to go for the newest lowest mileage or just go for what I like? Quite fancy a triple black Ideally with all the luggage (just in case I take a wrong turn and just kept going ) Any advice would be great and if anyone fancies an Rnine T let me know :thumb2

Greetings.
With your size, I would say go for a GSA. Go for the best twin cam you can get and then hang onto it.

Welcome.
Try a few and see what you like and fit.

I've got a TC TB GSA and love it. It's a '13 plate I bought in 2015.
I tried a '13 early GS WC and didn't like it as it had a lighter flywheel and didn't have the low revs. torgue that I like. The later ones now have a heavier flywheel.
I've also got a RNT and I'm just under 6' but my height is in my back so bum to foot pegs distance fits me fine. You can get peg lowering kits and bar risers to help you if you wanted to keep the RNT.

I love them both for different reasons.

I have a TC GSA 2013 90th edition, lovely bike I had a WC GS test bike for a whole day, it was lighter, seemed quicker but when I got back on my twin cam......it was like a riding a smooth comfortable tank.

Now fitted a full Remus, removed flappy thing, hilltop tune. Goes like a rocket

Really like the look of the water cooled but wouldn’t chop my twin cam in for one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome.
Try a few and see what you like and fit.

I've got a TC TB GSA and love it. It's a '13 plate I bought in 2015.
I tried a '13 early GS WC and didn't like it as it had a lighter flywheel and didn't have the low revs. torgue that I like. The later ones now have a heavier flywheel.
I've also got a RNT and I'm just under 6' but my height is in my back so bum to foot pegs distance fits me fine. You can get peg lowering kits and bar risers to help you if you wanted to keep the RNT.

I love them both for different reasons.
The R nine T is a great bike but I think it will have to go to finance the new GSA

Excellent good advice guys,certainly gives me a start on what to look for :thumb2

Here's mine:

Guess where?

Attachments

• IMG_20170528_161626539.jpg
    IMG_20170528_161626539.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 240
Hi all just thought I would join the forum to try to find out what I’m missing.
Been riding bikes for 40 years obviously as I got older the bikes have changed from sports to tourers.At the end of last year I had a clear out and sold my Ducati and Triumph Tiger 1050, and bought a BMW RnineT .That was my first BMW,lovely bike and runs really well great engine however it’s tiny and very cramped for my height (6,2”).Really regret selling the Triumph as it suited my riding much better than the Rninet.So now the plan is to sell or trade in the Rninet for a GS.Now what GS to buy? Is it better to go for the newest lowest mileage or just go for what I like? Quite fancy a triple black Ideally with all the luggage (just in case I take a wrong turn and just kept going ) Any advice would be great and if anyone fancies an Rnine T let me know :thumb2

Whereabout in Scotchland are you?

Greetings & welcome to the forum.....lots of advice here, so go & test ride a few & see which gives you the biggest smile.....:D

Ayr South West Scotchland ideal biking country as you will know:thumb

I'm now working in Dalry and staying, during the week, in Dreghorn!
Small world.

For a demo ride there's Douglas Park, East Kilbride and Edinburgh Motorrad in Dalkeith (where I got mine).

I'm now working in Dalry and staying, during the week, in Dreghorn!
Small world.

For a demo ride there's Douglas Park, East Kilbride and Edinburgh Motorrad in Dalkeith (where I got mine).

Just up the road from me ,I was thinking of heading up to East Kilbride at the weekend for a nosey !!

Hi there.
Also new to the forum, and also from Ayr. (Just posted an intro)
Just bought a 2014 GSA (to sit alongside my Ducati)
You are more than welcome to pm me if you want a look over it and try for size.
Cheers
Dave

Back
Top Bottom