HEX ezCAN on a Hexhead

Burger Van

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone fitted an ezcan to a hexhead yet?

Just about to start the process and wondered if anyone had any tips

Cheers

Hi

Has anyone fitted an ezcan to a hexhead yet?

Just about to start the process and wondered if anyone had any tips

Cheers

Don’t panic - it’s done

A few hours of fiddle and soldering and jobs a goujon

If anyone wants any info let me know

Thought they were supposed to be just plugged in.

Where are people buying these from? Kicking myself for not buying one when I was in Aus.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

An ordinary bus bar fuse box does the same job for loads less wedge.
Really, what do we need to power on a bike?
Horn - but anything decent needs a relay.
LED spots - wire them with headlight and relays.
Sat nav (already got a power lead)
Heated clothing (wire direct from battery).
Then what?

An ordinary bus bar fuse box does the same job for loads less wedge.
Really, what do we need to power on a bike?
Horn - but anything decent needs a relay.
LED spots - wire them with headlight and relays.
Sat nav (already got a power lead)
Heated clothing (wire direct from battery).
Then what?

It’s the flexibility it allows -

Spots run 50% during day, 20% during dark (triggered by clock display lighting up) and 100% in full beam

Also allows for spot Cancelation when indicators activated

Strobe on horn use

Additional rear LED light bar which is also fully customisable - bar cost £3! and can be set to flash , flash when braking above a certain speed and also to flash due to fast deceleration.

Loads of other stuff all customisable and NO cutting into bike wiring, soldering was to add more wire length while needed

I bought mine from Beemer Bike Shop in SAN Francisco- took 9 days - inc customs for 4 days

I have one ordered and sitting in my Shipito warehouse in Nevada. I'll bring it over once I have a few items there and ship in a single box.

It makes massive sense to me. The varying levels of aux front LED's are a great idea and the same with the rear. I usually put Skene P3 Lights on my bikes which cost $135. I can get just the "Photon Blasters" for $70 so that's $65 towards the HEX ezCAN.

Now the unknown is how long it will last as in fairness a fuse/accessory box is quite simple and reliable.

The issue with LEDs is the latest models are too bright most of the time. The pencil beam type are potentially dangerous to use all the time. Even at 1/2 power they are still too much. Mine are switched to work only with main beam by the way.
A device that allows them to run at low power (say 25% or less) then switch to full power when you hit main beam would be very handy. They’d make good daylights.
The cone beam type are useless for either dipped or main beam. Too bright as daylights, the upward scatter = no cutoff as dipped beam. Wide cone = no distance range.

The issue with LEDs is the latest models are too bright most of the time. The pencil beam type are potentially dangerous to use all the time. Even at 1/2 power they are still too much. Mine are switched to work only with main beam by the way.
A device that allows them to run at low power (say 25% or less) then switch to full power when you hit main beam would be very handy. They’d make good daylights.
The cone beam type are useless for either dipped or main beam. Too bright as daylights, the upward scatter = no cutoff as dipped beam. Wide cone = no distance range.

You can individually tailor the 10% of power for any setting ie day time 0 a 100%, night 0 - 100 and full beam 0 - 100

I think that about covers it

You are also above to control an aux brake light strip to do various things as well

Bendy I’ll be in trouble but I think like you. I’ve got spots and air horn well a Denali lookalike ( cheapie but still works after 3years) two extra power sockets for my heated jacket all from bus bar fuse relay sys. My daughter’s guy was showing me his bmw x 5 or something which you can change the colour of door panel light strips etc etc, I just said “how pretty” but if you like flish flashy things why not, men in black did.

Bendy I’ll be in trouble but I think like you. I’ve got spots and air horn well a Denali lookalike ( cheapie but still works after 3years) two extra power sockets for my heated jacket all from bus bar fuse relay sys. My daughter’s guy was showing me his bmw x 5 or something which you can change the colour of door panel light strips etc etc, I just said “how pretty” but if you like flish flashy things why not, men in black did.

Cool I wonder if it has a setting to change the colour of my bike tyres as I go down the road - ??? Lol

Burger my friend don’t get me wrong if my daughter’s Paul fancies flishy flash things who am I to stop him.
I’m retired and not exactly flush with spare cash and really the bike is a luxury but I’ve had bikes since 1964 and it’s part of my life. I’ve got to somehow budget bikey with my little pension so spending over £200 on something I did for a few quid is I’m afraid a no no. I like to mess around and after years of putting things right work wise and boatie and bike as well I get a buzz from doing it myself plus it’s not rocket science and hey it all still works. Not today though there’s three feet of snow here in the far North.

You can individually tailor the 10% of power for any setting ie day time 0 a 100%, night 0 - 100 and full beam 0 - 100

I think that about covers it

You are also above to control an aux brake light strip to do various things as well

That makes it worth having right there. Can it flip LEDs from between (eg) 10% & 100% when main beam goes on?

I tried that with a relay and LED dimmer strip but all it did was reset the dimmer to 100%.

I believe so, yes. So the setting for your front LEDs could be like this:

Day - 60% brightness
Night - 20% brightness
High beam - 100% brightness

It's uses light sensor in the dash to measure ambient light for day/night

Then if you wire up some red LED's on the rear it can make them flash/strobe a few times before staying solid red.

Back
Top Bottom