LED Indicators

Chalky723

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any reasonably priced ones out there?

I'm quite tempted to give THESE a go, would be interested to hear if anyone has any other solutions??

Cheers,

Damon

They look near enough & let's face it BMW get them from somewhere...

There was a guy on here selling led kits. They require a reprogram of the bikes computer. JJH

The actual bmw ones aren’t badly priced. It’s the coding you need doing to make them work which is the expensive part!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was a guy on here selling led kits. They require a reprogram of the bikes computer. JJH

So I can't just buy a set of BMW ones for example & fit them? Sounds mad if so.

I can't see what reason there'd be for a computer program if they've got the capacitors etc.

Mad.

D

I can't see what reason there'd be for a computer program if they've got the capacitors etc.

Mad.

D

Not if it’s a CANBUS bike, no.

The ecu controls everything. It needs telling that there are led indicators otherwise it will think there’s a fault and shut that circuit down.

Hmm, I may have to experiment here, not disbelieving you, but I can't see how it'd know that LED's with the correct resistors would show as different to incandescent bulbs - the whole point of the resistors is to stop the "fast flashing" fault indication so you'd think it'd spoof the CANBUS too.

Why doesn't the CANBUS react to an LED headlight or sidelight bulb replacing an incandescent?

D

Hmm, I may have to experiment here, not disbelieving you, but I can't see how it'd know that LED's with the correct resistors would show as different to incandescent bulbs - the whole point of the resistors is to stop the "fast flashing" fault indication so you'd think it'd spoof the CANBUS too.

Why doesn't the CANBUS react to an LED headlight or sidelight bulb replacing an incandescent?

D

Indeed - you make a good point.

With the correct resistors fitted I’m not sure if it would be able to tell

Let us know how you get on

Mad.

D

I changed my LED indicators from 650GS twin straight on to my 700GS & put the standard bulb type off the 700 onto the 650. Same plug / wiring on both..
I added nothing & they are working perfectly..

I have put the BMW LED indicators on my bike and no coding was required. They worked straight out the box. No errors at all.

I have put the BMW LED indicators on my bike and no coding was required. They worked straight out the box. No errors at all.

Which bike was this - can you confirm?

A what?

What’s a 2016 trophy? Is that a triumph?

No it's a 2016 f800gs trophy. Check it out on the BMW website.

A what?

What’s a 2016 trophy? Is that a triumph?

BMW F800GS Trophy....
F800GS Trophy, inspired by the biannual GS Trophy enduro event for ordinary riders.
What you get with the Trophy is an aluminium bash plate, handguards with spoilers, a two-tone black and grey seat and a tasty blue and white paint job.

:thumb

Attachments

• f800gs-trophy.jpg.cf.jpg
    f800gs-trophy.jpg.cf.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 161
Ah ok. Sorry. Nice bike too!

Is this a canbus model?

Back
Top Bottom