RT STOLEN - just now...

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please keep a look out for BMW R1200RT LC registration number FT64 FOH, taken from Beddington Lane, Croydon.

A mate had it parked outside his house for about 40 minutes. Reported to Police so ANPR can try to find it if its being ridden...

Please keep a look out for BMW R1200RT LC registration number FT64 FOH, taken from Beddington Lane, Croydon.

A mate had it parked outside his house for about 40 minutes. Reported to Police so ANPR can try to find it if its being ridden...

Sadly, if it’s parked outside your house it’s unlikely to be insured. Mine have to be kept in a locked garage

Surely that’s referring to kept overnight?

No. Not usually. On most policies, in my experience, If it’s within a set distance of the house it has To be locked up. At any time.

Be careful when leaving it out on the driveway to wash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly, if it’s parked outside your house it’s unlikely to be insured. Mine have to be kept in a locked garage

This will only be the case if you have told your insurer you keep it in a garage.

I would also argue that cleaning it on your drive qualifies as using it, even if you are in the house getting a clean bucket of water, although when I queried this with the call centre oik, he was unable to confirm one way or the other.

:nenauWhy kick the guy in the bollocks with insurance woes :nenau, his bikes only just been taken.

I am at Lutterworth at the moment; and will be heading down your way; if I spot it in front of me; do you want me to run the cnut over. Hope things turn out ok for you.

No. Not usually. On most policies, in my experience, If it’s within a set distance of the house it has To be locked up. At any time.

Be careful when leaving it out on the driveway to wash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is uninsured between 10pm and 6am if not locked in the garage.

Any news ?

What kind of person would want to steal an RT and for what reason, I wonder how it was done

I gather from a few mates that there is a van with 4 blokes doing the rounds. They reckon the van has something like motorcycle recovery on the sides so as to seem genuine

I gather from a few mates that there is a van with 4 blokes doing the rounds. They reckon the van has something like motorcycle recovery on the sides so as to seem genuine

A guy on the BMW club forum had his 1200RT LC stolen from
Fulham earlier this week,same scumbags maybe?

Recovered by the boys in blue. Couple of miles away, abandoned with only minor damage.

Maybe metallic brown RTs are not the bike of choice for Croydon's scumbags after all...

Maybe hope for my RT I think it must be the same colour Ebony Black.

Glad he's got it back.

My bikes are insured for being parked up on a driveway overnight without problem.

Normally, at least one is in the garage though.

Back
Top Bottom