no response left TB

ross.

Reaction score
as the title says my left TB /TPS side, iam struggling to sync there seems to be almost no adjustment of the BBS It makes pretty much no difference even if it screwed all the way in, is the tb sucking some air in through worn shaft or blocked up inside somewhere?

first step would be to remove the BBS completely and clean it and its passage up, if youve not done so already.

Have you got any free play in the throttle cable ?.

If there is none then the cable is controlling the idle speed and adjusting the BBS will have no effect.

I once had a small piece of grit stopping the throttle fully closing. I couldn't sync the cylinders either. In the end some Smart Londoner sorted it for me...... Oh, there he is, in the post above mine.:thumb2

Have you got any free play in the throttle cable ?.

If there is none then the cable is controlling the idle speed and adjusting the BBS will have no effect.

That was the problem on the R850R I bought a few months ago. The knurled adjusting ring on the right hand throttle cable was actually seized so I had to take the TB of so I could get some molegrips on it. Once I slackened it off all was good and I got a reading on my Carbtune.

thanks for all the replies i am working through the problem so i have had the TB off and gave a clean and blow out the the galley's.
i am unsure if the stop screw has been touched but it does look like its been moved so i guess that could cause issues also

Ok Acronym heaven lol,

Ive worked out TB & TPS but BBS? i give in

And check the black flexible manifold that connects it to the cylinder head. Yo may have a leak. Quickest way is start it up and spray some WD or brake cleaner on the joint. If you’ve got a leak, guess what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom