Bar/restaurant suggestions - Cardiff City Centre

Curado bar 2 Guildhall Pl, Cardiff CF10 1EB 029 2034 4336
excellent spanish tapas - genuine atmosphere

Moksh Bute Crescent, Cardiff CF10 5AN - my favourite curry

The grazing shed - super tidy burgers Barack lane

are my choices

other restaurants are available

Nice....I like the sound of those :thumb2

Tiny Rebel, The Old Arcade & Owain Glyndwr for drinks you've had some good suggestions for eateries mine are; Bar 44 for Tapas, Miller & Carter for Steak and a bit further out of town look for ETC in Penarth for something a bit special.

I'm staying in Cardiff city centre on Friday 27th April ahead of going to the Principality Stadium on Sat 28th for the Judgement Day rugby double header. Any suggestions for a nice spot of dinner & a cocktail?
Do you like Italian?

Cardiff is best for the Welsh Italians

i worked in Cardiff for 6 years til last July. I have tried all the above. The best of the Italians is casanova's on Quay St. Another small restaurant that does the best food at great prices. Booking strongly advised. http://www.casanovacardiff.co.uk/index.html. cocktails are not their strong point, but the proseco is without equal.

Regards,

Path.

Another vote for Giovanni's....:thumb2
I think they have 2 Italian restaurants within 100 yds of each other. The older one is quite small (there is a basement section, but I prefer the upstairs) and probably only sits about 30 on the ground level.

The other restaurant is bigger but doesn't have the same character. The food was perfect at both. :thumb2

I'm a fan of tapas, steak & good burgers....

Assadoor 44 it's next door to the city arms, opposite the main gate to the stadium by the car park. Some of the best steak you'll ever eat. Book now as it's popular. City arms is good for a few pints first. There's a few good bars round the corner, Moon bar, Brewdog and a few others.

My personal favourite Italians is Giovanni's, a small family run restaurant 38 The Hayes, Cardiff. You will need to book ahead for a match day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXAbIpv7wBk

They have another quiter branch- Gio's by the Park' on Park Place. Francesca makes the best Tiramisu and greets everyone like a long lost family member. Personally, I think the food at Casanova is better. Whatever you choose enjoy.

Path.

Back
Top Bottom