Another Newbie

Dave N

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello Chaps,

Just a wee intro from me before I delve into the foreign adventures section.
Names Dave, from S.W Scotland. Have had my bike licence for 20 years, but done the usual, have kids/sell bike thing, but a couple of years ago decicided to get back in the saddle. I was persuaded by a friend to get a bike again and join him on a quick blast to Holland for the MotoGP. For this, there was only one bike. It had to be a Ducati (to scratch that particular itch)
A VERY low mileage 749s was purchased, and off I went, and fell in love with biking again.
After a few long distance tours, pub talk turned to the idea of going to Chernobyl on a bike. Negotiations with the wife resulted in us, i.e the wife/kids and I taking separate holidays this year, so I can fulfill an ambition.
Only one bike would do, had to be a GSA.
For six months, I have been monitoring every GSA on Autotrader/eBay/ Gumtree, and initially was wanting to buy the last of the air cooled ones, but for an extra grand, found a 2014 LC with full luggage and only 8000miles!

Only thing it doesn’t have is satnav, so will be on the lookout for a nav5 or 6........and maybe an Akarapovic exhaust!

Hopefully I will be able to join in and glean some info on my forthcoming adventure at the end of the years

Cheers
Dave

Welcome - and top marks for negotiating the time off (for good behaviour?) from the wife. You’ll get loads of good advice on here from some really knowledgable folks (this rules me out) coupled with heavy doses of mostly gentle piss taking.

Keep us informed of how things progress - and when you go make sure you post up piccies! Chernobyl sounds like a great journey to be had. Just keep away from the front line with Russia (just over a hundred miles I think)!

Greetings & welcome to the forum Dave.....congrats on the new bike, enjoy.....:thumb2

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
Yes, certainly lucky to have an understanding wife, the trade off has still to be agreed though😂
Cheers
Dave

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
Yes, certainly lucky to have an understanding wife, the trade off has still to be agreed though��
Cheers
Dave
There’s always a price to be paid - though my GLW seems to conveniently forget the multitude of advance payments already made!

Back
Top Bottom