What Engine Guard?

Hallstar

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What engine guards are recommended to protect the face of the engine from being shot blasted by the front wheel?

I have seen Cymarcs, Wunderlich, Evotech, SW Motech... but which to go for?

I'm also considering a front fender extender, so am guessing I will need to take that into consideration?

TIA

Altrider do a clip on clip off guard, so you can easily remove it for cleaning. Ev on here has one, he’ll tell you :thumb

I have a fender extender. Again, no drilling of holes, is discrete and does a great job.

Notice the Evotech says 2013-2016 surely it would fit a 2017 Rallye aswell? Bolts look in the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it’s not the same bike but I can vouch for the fender extender. 49K and no corrosion and only a couple of little nicks. Plus you can still clean it easily. I’d be interested to know how many bikes have corroded covers behind the protection plates.

3a7d799bf9790864d980d2e9a21fc243.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cymarc engine guard is great, and easy to clean behind.

For belt and braces- get a fender-extender too.

I just bought a set of Wunderlich engine bars in blue to match 1200 GS Rallye and they fit my 2018 model without any issue and they looks great.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Altrider do a clip on clip off guard, so you can easily remove it for cleaning. Ev on here has one, he’ll tell you :thumb

Cheers Nutty just ordered one from Altrider, it is on backorder but will arrive soon, good that it can be pulled off for cleaning, also looked at video on youtube, quite funny the guy put the bolts upside down, but it gives a good idea.

Cheers Nutty just ordered one from Altrider, it is on backorder but will arrive soon, good that it can be pulled off for cleaning, also looked at video on youtube, quite funny the guy put the bolts upside down, but it gives a good idea.

Nice video - certainly shows that not only does it look a bit crap, but it also fits a bit crap. All it has to do now is have a suspiciously low price and it will truly merit a "made in China" stamp!

Nice video - certainly shows that not only does it look a bit crap, but it also fits a bit crap. All it has to do now is have a suspiciously low price and it will truly merit a "made in China" stamp!

Its actually not cheap, and the fitting problem was the guy put the long bolts in the wrong place, you get 2 short bolts and 2 longer he inversed them, hence it did not fit, looks like a nice bit of kit to me, maybe Nutty can jump in he has one.

Its actually not cheap, and the fitting problem was the guy put the long bolts in the wrong place, you get 2 short bolts and 2 longer he inversed them, hence it did not fit, looks like a nice bit of kit to me, maybe Nutty can jump in he has one.

Well, OK, but it still ain't pretty to my eyes. Unless it's for heavy off road use though, what does it achieve that a fender extender doesn't?

Back
Top Bottom