Theift prevention? BMW alarm?

The Abus Brake disc lock 8008 Granit Detecto XPlus just looks far more substantial to me, cheapest I've seen is £123.50p

£90.72 delivered from here - wellindal.co.uk

Ordered one yesterday, just hope it turns up, seems to be shipped from Spain

I ordered the 8077 from them over 3 years ago and it's still going strong in all weathers. Luckily nobody has tested its abilities yet. However the alarm is a godsend before you attempt to ride off leaving the disk lock on. (woops) Defintely one of the cases of buying a premium item and getting your money's worth.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They have some great prices - the ABUS Black / Yellow Granit 68 2011 is almost 1/2 price compared to some places.

The Abus Brake disc lock 8008 Granit Detecto XPlus just looks far more substantial to me, cheapest I've seen is £123.50p

That’s the one I meant. The bmw one is that model but branded bmw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have look at Zena alarmed disc locks, I have had one 3 years and been very pleased with it. To make it more sensitive put it on the disc high up, i.e between 10 O’clock and 2 O’clock, or less sensitive low down on the disc.

I changed my bike insurance recently and through a broker. When I downloaded the actual policy document I noticed that my Abuse disc lock was no longer valid for my cover! It was an Abus 350 Trigger Alarm one but is not Thatcham approved. My new policy stipulates that it must be a Thatcham approved disc lock. So bought a more expensive Abuse Detecto. Big solid bit of kit too.
If my bike got pinched and my old disc lock was cut off I wouldn't have been covered.

No matter what security you take there are ways to remove it but like even the best Banks [which are rated in minutes], its all about making it as hard as possible for the thief.

Thanks

Thanks Andi I wouldn't have thought it possible to break the disc lock without ruining the disc.

Got to be an Abus I think!!!

A disk lock with an alarm incorporated will at least make some warning noise when disturbed and where possible chain it to something stationary like a lamp post of ground anchor

If my bike got pinched and my old disc lock was cut off I wouldn't have been covered.

But the insurance company would only have been able to tell this... if they nicked it!

I’ve just ordered one of these from Wellindal. £94 now. If anyone is buying one and wants a 5% discount code let me know because I’m not going to use it valid till 04/04

Has anyone actually received a lock they purchased from Wellindal yet, don’t want to worry you but they have a poor review. Is it a scam?

I’ve just ordered one of these from Wellindal. £94 now. If anyone is buying one and wants a 5% discount code let me know because I’m not going to use it valid till 04/04

Nope, and if you read reviews of the company, its a grim read. Should have done that before ordering. Mine is still showing as being processed, that was from the 26th Feb. No contact number, no email, just a box to send them a message. They replied, saying they were having stock problems from their suppliers, which is a standard reply. The reviews also say, if you ask for a refund, it can be months and sometimes never turns up. Company is Spanish, so UK consumer companies not interested. If you paid on your credit card, your bank may help, but if on debit, think your out of luck. To be fair, some people on the reviews, did receive some kit, but mostly not. So thinking it was too good to be true :)

Penny pinchers robbed trying to buy gear to stop getting their bike robbed.

Standard scam targets.

No matter what security you take there are ways to remove it but like even the best Banks [which are rated in minutes], its all about making it as hard as possible for the thief.

Nice one, at least with an alarm inside it will scream, otherwise what a piece of crap that disc lock

Back
Top Bottom