Theift prevention? BMW alarm?

Nope, they did say stock was arriving this week. But not holding my breath :)

Did they say what year :augie it will probably turn up eventually all these cheapo sites work like that, they take loads of orders, have no stock, when they feel they have enough orders they try to buy cheaper.

BMW factory fitted alarm ...

So good its not listed in most insurance companys drop down lists ;)

Honda , Ducati, All have appoved alarms listed ...

BMW factory fitted alarm ...

So good its not listed in most insurance companys drop down lists ;)

Honda , Ducati, All have appoved alarms listed ...

Isn't that just down to the fact that BMW didn't bother paying Thatcham for testing and approval rather than the standard of their product?

I'm not blindly defending BMW and their alarm, because I think they're all pretty superfluous nowadays - I've heard loads of the things going off, but never due to thieves, so I don't think they do anything to protect a bike out of the owners earshot. The police don't take any action with reports of house alarms even in our sleepy area, so does anyone take action when they hear a vehicle alarm where false alarms abound?

mmm with the 'discount' it took it less than the £100, bugger. Off to a buy a lock from a proper shop, you live and learn....

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

I wouldn't let this go.... they're banking on you not making a fuss (and knowing they're free from Section 75 hassle). But they are in breach of contract and breaking the Law.

The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 protect you in law (it replaced the Distance Selling Regulations 2000).

This means the supplier has 30 days to provide delivery or they are in breach of contract and you can cancel the order for a full refund. There are also other conditions they have the state at point of order.

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

If they won't give you a refund, tell them they are in breach of contract and you will be filing a claim through the small claims court for full refund and costs compensation.

That'll usually shit them up enough to give the refund pretty sharpish.

If not I'd spend £25 and file the case. Get a Court Order and send bailiffs in to recover my money.

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

I've used MCOL (Money Claims Online) before and it's effective..

Don't let them get away with it.

I've been emailing them everyday. They sent me an email stating refund has been issued, but it will take 14 days. Reading the review sites, this is another tactic and never comes. But I'll give them 14 days. Problem is, although its a .uk website, the company is based in Barcelona, so UK consumer law doesn't apply to them. You are ok if you paid on your credit card, but if paid on visa, no help.

Also to make a claim from your credit card - The goods or service you bought must have cost over £100 and not more than £30,000

Glad I read this thread to the end (and checked the online reviews of welindal)
What a bunch of shysters!
As it happens I would prob not have ordered from them on the basis that there is no phone number for me to call them to verify stock etc.

Hope those that have ordered get them in the not-too-distant-future.

I guess alarm bells should chime when you see that get-geared and J&S are offering them at £160+:mad:

This company is a bloody nightmare, ordered one of these locks and it never arrived.Now have to wait almost a month for a refund. Lots on tinternet regarding how’s shite they are. Avoid!!

Did you buy it with PayPal?

If yes, PayPal will ge5 your money back for you.

Good luck!

I'm starting to become paranoid: I used to have the attitude that 'It's insured so wtf", but have decided to do something about it and ordered Abus 19005 , £141.95 Amazon and delivery 4 days later) (It is a Granit Detecto X-Plus 8077 brake disc lock but also with a hardened steel 12mm loop chain). No way will I ride with the chain cos it weighs a ton.
i-6wVnPfh-M.jpg

It's frustratingly awkward to attach the chain without activating the alarm, cos you need to be very quick.I had a disk lock years ago and always feared forgetting it, but the alarm should help
Does anyone know how long the batteries last ?

Just bought a second hand Rallye with keyless start and it looks so good I am wondering how best to protect it?

Is the BMW alarm any good and is it possible to retro fit it?

Any other ideas appreicated?

Thanks Nick

I've the BMW alarm on mine, set it to manual (via the menu) and anytime I want to activate it I push the BMW button on the fob, and deactivate via the lower button. Prefer this to leaving it on Auto.

The first thing you must do is activate and use the steering lock.

As ineffective as it is, all insurance companies demand it... so do it.

Then immobilise your bike so that opportunists can't just push it away at speed with an accomplice on a scooter.

Then cover it up and chain it to an immovable object.

Then you're about as good as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom