Theift prevention? BMW alarm?

Nick dj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought a second hand Rallye with keyless start and it looks so good I am wondering how best to protect it?

Is the BMW alarm any good and is it possible to retro fit it?

Any other ideas appreicated?

Thanks Nick

Calling Warlord ...

If a pound of butter in the fridge doesn't work for you, take a look at Warlord's posts on this.

Nin

I had a BMW OEM alarm retro fitted to a 2017 Rallye with keyless, so yes on that point.

Everyone has different opinions as to security, but safe to say, you can’t do too much.

I have an installed alarm, RoadLok and audible disc lock for on the go, plus a wall anchor and big chain for the garage, behind it’s own security.

I had the BMW alarm on my last GS. It didn't come with a fob and you had to activate it via the menu so it automatically turned on when you switched the bike off, which was a pita as you couldn't then move your bike at home without switching the ignition on 1st. The volume was crap too so I'd spend the money on some physical security instead

As has been said, different opinions on this. Whilst you wouldn't rely on an alarm as a first line of security, whether on your travels or parked up at home, I feel it's a worthy, additional deterrent. The alarm is loud (ear piecing if in a garage), and whilst that wouldn't put the most hardened of scrots off, having to deal with that whilst spending a good few minutes disc cutting your locks could well put of more causal types, especially if they're simply dicking around with the bike.

On the road I use a abloy and squire 14mm locks on either wheel. At home, a ground anchor, anti-pinch-pin, 19 mm chain and squire, and the abloy on the front.

+1 on pinch pin, ground anchor,

Pragmasis U lock. 19mm chain and 19 mm chain with loop when out, Bike cover, garage alarm, Garage door T block, Webcam ( watch scrotes nicking it) Road lock front disc and the butter. Make so difference to insurance

Get as much as you feel comfortable with. All you can hope for they look at it and think there is easier target elsewhere. If they want it they will take it.

Biggest, ugliest lock you can find, in my garage I use a ground anchor plus a decent lock on the garage door. I use a disk lock now even if I leave the thing for 10mins having coffee in full sight, the scumbags will just wheel it away.

I think that BMW have very recently brought out their own alarmed disc lock

I just fitted a Tracker Retrieve.

There may be cheaper solutions out there.

Back
Top Bottom