Hyperpro remote reservoir

vee5

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just in the process of fitting a Hyperpro shock and it looks like the remote reservoir is pretty close to the stock exhaust, so considering some heat wrap to counter that. Glad to hear of any other ideas short of getting a metal heat shield made up to fit between the zorst and reservoir?

Attachments

• IMG_8214.jpg
    IMG_8214.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 331
How have you actually mounted it? Mine is in a similar position but I rotated the reservor out a little so there is more of a gap between the exhaust and the reservoir. Maybe making a small bracket will assist you in doing that?

The last one I fitted had a proper mounting bracket so was well clear of the exhaust , looks like yours is fitted with some jubilee clips rather than a specific bracket ?

39603598225_7c063fbd00_b.jpg

Yeah the jubilee clips and bracket came with the shock - that mounting bracket in your pic looks like what I need, was it supplied with the shock?

Yeah the jubilee clips and bracket came with the shock - that mounting bracket in your pic looks like what I need, was it supplied with the shock?

Yes - it came with the shock as part of the standard fitting kit , the fitting instructions list two brackets , one I assume is the metal bracket that fits to the frame and the other the bracket that fits to the remote reservoir...

39807855894_d538310e40_b.jpg

I would really recommend going to Bas at Hyperpro and ordering the correct bracket as it fits perfectly and the distance from the exhaust is absolutely fine.

I would really recommend going to Bas at Hyperpro and ordering the correct bracket as it fits perfectly and the distance from the exhaust is absolutely fine.

+1

Can't cost that much..

The last one I fitted had a proper mounting bracket so was well clear of the exhaust , looks like yours is fitted with some jubilee clips rather than a specific bracket ?

Good to see they finally have a "proper" solution available for mounting the reservoir! I've done something similar on my bike, as i really wasn't impressed with the jubilee clip option. I mean, spend a £1k on a shock and the best they can do is offer jubilee clips to fit it? :rolleyes:

Good to see they finally have a "proper" solution available for mounting the reservoir! I've done something similar on my bike, as i really wasn't impressed with the jubilee clip option. I mean, spend a £1k on a shock and the best they can do is offer jubilee clips to fit it? :rolleyes:

Oh come on, they are 316 stainless Jubilee clips. :aidan

Was that bracket supplied with the shock? And if so.... was it purchased direct from Hyperpro, or from somewhere else?

Was that bracket supplied with the shock? And if so.... was it purchased direct from Hyperpro, or from somewhere else?

Not sure as I was just helping fit it to someone else’s bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm am at Hyperpro most weekends and I have never seen them supply brackets for the G650X. I suggest that someone has made this custom or adapted a bracket they got for something else. I'll ask Bas when I see him on Saturday.

I'm am at Hyperpro most weekends and I have never seen them supply brackets for the G650X. I suggest that someone has made this custom or adapted a bracket they got for something else. I'll ask Bas when I see him on Saturday.

I've made something similar for my bike out of some ss angle. i'll post pics when i get 5 minutes.

But - should have added that I didn’t buy it new so perhaps someone had made it. If so then its a really, really well made fitting set and it certainly does not look homemade at all.

But - should have added that I didn’t buy it new so perhaps someone had made it. If so then its a really, really well made fitting set and it certainly does not look homemade at all.

I agree it's definitely not home made , if it didn't come from HyperPro it must have came from another shock manufacturer that use the same diameter remote reservoir i'm guessing

I agree it's definitely not home made , if it didn't come from HyperPro it must have came from another shock manufacturer that use the same diameter remote reservoir i'm guessing
They are available from Hyperpro. In fact, Bas designed the one for the X. He suggests you contact Hyperpro uk.... and be sitting down when you do. Could be expensive!
252a84067d7486fb5bcbe1b23b3b50b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They are available from Hyperpro. In fact, Bas designed the one for the X. He suggests you contact Hyperpro uk.... and be sitting down when you do. Could be expensive!
252a84067d7486fb5bcbe1b23b3b50b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hmm interesting Mike... I have been dealing with Hyperpro UK importer (Performance Parts). After they supplied the shock with a simple aluminium bent bracket & jubilee clips (not the same as yours) I complained and they have now sent through some basic spacers and longer bolts. I've just offered these up tonight and they still don't keep the hose far enough away from the exhaust - not at all impressive and TBH I've wasted enough time with the UK importer so I was going to source my own longer spacers and possibly some heat sheath for the hose for good measure...

If however you are dropping in on Hyperpro NL this weekend and don't mind asking Baz whether he could supply me with both the brackets in your picture I would really appreciate that. :thumby:
Please forgive the cheeky request... :D

My bike does have the pillion footrest holes on the subframe by the way.

Back
Top Bottom