Picos

smudger2

Reaction score
Hi 3 of us are going to the picos in may/ June and it seems now we are going to follow the TET route from Potes to jaca does anybody have any idea how difficult it is we are on 3 Africa Twins and not beginners off roaders but I would like to know what to expect we did the smugglers trail 2 yes ago and had a blast any help would be appreciated thx

Hi 3 of us are going to the picos in may/ June...... and it seems now we are going to follow the TET route from Potes to jaca ...... does anybody have any idea how difficult it is

Who (if not you) of the other two of your party arranged the trip and chose to take the TET route from Potes to Jaca? Ask them.

If the three of you are attending an event organised by someone else, ask them.

How about posting on the TeT forum...
Or doing some research on the TeT site..

They don’t know either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No event just going for a road trip but wondering how difficult it is or is it just gravel tracks

No event just going for a road trip....

I assume that you (or your two mates) have the route in some sort of map / GPX file? If so, you could consider opening it up in Google maps to see what their Street View might show. then open it up in Google Earth and try zooming in.

You could even think of sharing it here, so that bods who might have some local intimate knowledge of the unknown stretch of TET's road / path / goat track that makes up a part of your route between Potes and Jaca, might (at a push) know it, perhaps?

Failing that select a route between Potes and Jaca that doesn't follow the TET and take that. All should then be well.

So people did reply to your posting on the TeT forum....User name ..dibbs....
and even posted videos on some sections....
Quote.."Thanks Paul,thats exactly what i had hoped to see "..

So you have some idea then..

So people did reply to your posting on the TeT forum....User name ..dibbs....
and even posted videos on some sections....
Quote.."Thanks Paul,thats exactly what i had hoped to see "..

So you have some idea then..

Poor old smudger seems to be getting some stick here!!!!! it was me who posted on the TET forum, and I am one of the three amigos going on the trip! we are only trying to glean as much info from anyone who has ridden the section from Vado to Tudela (or Potes to Jaca as smudge puts it lol..close enough) so that we know what the trail will be like unfortunately google earth seems to not zoom in quite as far as I need and because its off road trails it doesn't like giving a 'street' view of the terrain on my pc! so some real life feedback from anyone who's actually ridden that part of the TET route would be invaluable. Hence scouring different forums with the same question. Illegitimi non carborundum Smudger!!!!!

Sorry what is TET?, going to the Picos end of May too, group of 6 but I doubt we'll do any gravel roads seeing as we (currently) have me on a GS, one who had a 1290SA but it got nicked, one who had a K16GT but wrote it off in Italy, one on a K13GT and the last on a GSX750. Even some of the metalled roads look to be a challenge for a few of them.

This is a little route we are considering incorporating when on the Pyrenees side of things:-
https://goo.gl/maps/jXPKmxnNVz12

I assume that you (or your two mates) have the route in some sort of map / GPX file? If so, you could consider opening it up in Google maps to see what their Street View might show. then open it up in Google Earth and try zooming in.

You could even think of sharing it here, so that bods who might have some local intimate knowledge of the unknown stretch of TET's road / path / goat track that makes up a part of your route between Potes and Jaca, might (at a push) know it, perhaps?

Failing that select a route between Potes and Jaca that doesn't follow the TET and take that. All should then be well.

Wapping, you are such a twat sometimes.

Sorry what is TET?,

It is or rather was an offensive in the Vietnam war, coinciding with the new year...

It's also http://www.transeurotrail.org/ An adventure orientated trail used by Adventure (with a capital A) bikermates. Probably best avoided by those of a more nervous disposition who somehow seem to have found themselves routed onto it for their Picos holiday in May / June. How the three amigos have found themselves routed onto it is, of course, a mystery. Equally mysterious is why the three of them cannot now work out a way of avoiding it, so saving them three months of anguish.

its always the same people...does he just cut n paste that so predictable non helpful reply:blast

Wapping, you are such a twat sometimes.

And what suggestions do YOU have as to how to help the three chimps with their enquiry?

The opening post gave little or no information at to where along the many miles between A (Potes) and B (Jaca) they encountered the TET section nor anything about how they plotted (or were given) the route in the first place. But it gave lots of guff about when they are off, the bikes they'll be riding, their past experience (or lack of it).... and they want to know what the (unknown) section will be like.

So, suggesting some ideas on how they might get some progress towards getting their question answered seems sensible, there not being much else coming their way. Will they do any of that? Probably not. Why? Because they probably can't be arsed or they'd have done it in the first place. Asking them to at least clearly identify the section might well help.

But hey, fill yer boots, mate. It's free.

Anybody thinks I’m asking for detailed plans of the Bank of England to rob it was an enquiry don’t think I’ll bother next time

Post a half decent link to the section of the TET you have somehow found yourself routed along and someone might be able to help you.

Just marking it on a Google map or in a gpx file will help.

I would post a question to the TET in-country ranger/scout who first plotted the route. They will be best to comment on the difficulty.
Next would be to get a decent topology map (paper or digital) and check out the terrain. If you have a decent GPS get a digital topo that you can lay the TET route over.
Final option; just ride the fucker. If it gets too difficult for your bike or your ability, turn round and find alternative route around the obstacle.
and don't forget to update the TET for all the intrepid travellers who will follow.

I would post a question to the TET in-country ranger/scout who first plotted the route. They will be best to comment on the difficulty.
Next would be to get a decent topology map (paper or digital) and check out the terrain. If you have a decent GPS get a digital topo that you can lay the TET route over.
Final option; just ride the fucker. If it gets too difficult for your bike or your ability, turn round and find alternative route around the obstacle.
and don't forget to update the TET for all the intrepid travellers who will follow.

Excellent, thanks to exactly that sort of feedback from intrepid riders who have actually ridden that section and taken the trouble to record the problems - and 'best bits'! - we no know that more or less the whole section on La Rioja will have to be redrawn.

All I need now, as the Linesman for Spain, is the money and time to spend about a week away from home and riding perhaps 2,000 kms in order to do this.

BTW there aren't any useful topographical maps in print of these regions and one has to 'triangulate' between the several on-line and Garmin maps that are available to get some kind of accurate picture from a distance.

Regs

Simon

It is or rather was an offensive in the Vietnam war, coinciding with the new year...

It's also http://www.transeurotrail.org/ An adventure orientated trail used by Adventure (with a capital A) bikermates. Probably best avoided by those of a more nervous disposition who somehow seem to have found themselves routed onto it for their Picos holiday in May / June. How the three amigos have found themselves routed onto it is, of course, a mystery. Equally mysterious is why the three of them cannot now work out a way of avoiding it, so saving them three months of anguish.

:jes:jes :jes

Back
Top Bottom