MCN Scottish Motorcycle Show

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to the snow I have no doubt that this event will be cancelled this weekend but have been caught out before when they cancelled it on a Sunday without making any media announcements due to weather .

Was due to go up on Saturday with a neighbour who is a photographer but wondering if there is any official word

I bought 2 tickets a week or so ago for me and a mate at work. A bit hacked off as it will be cancelled but I don’t expect a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IAM Scottish motorcycle forum say they have a note to say it’s still on. Our IAM display unit might not make it up on Friday though and Imsuspect it won’t be alone.

Last time they cancelled we managed to drive hundred and odd miles to get there and it was cancelled on H&S grounds because of 2 or 3 cms of snow , cannot see it happening as there is a red weather warning for Thursday and Friday and and amber one for Saturday and Sunday .

Wil keep an eye on the media

No doubt something to do with who takes the responsibility of cancelling the event and taking the financial hit. Last time they apparently let H&S make the decision on public safety grounds so the insurers paid out .

If the venue cancels the event then the organisers will have a get out, if the organisers themselves cancel the event no doubt they probably have to refund exhibitors and pre paid ticket holders so no one will have hte balls to make the decision

The website says it still going ahead !

The website says it still going ahead !

Just been updated to show the 7th / 8th April. from their website:

The Carole Nash MCN Scottish Motorcycle Show has been rescheduled from this weekend (3rd/4th March) to Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th April 2018 at the Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh, in light of current weather conditions in the North of England and Scotland.

The difficult decision to reschedule the event has been taken jointly by organiser Live Promotions, MCN and the Royal Highland Centre following discussions with local police and emergency services.

Given the current Code Red weather warning in Scotland and the hazardous state of the road network, the decision to reschedule the event will ensure the public safety and reduce the risk of further traffic disruption in the area.

Tom Siddall, event director, said: ‘The safety of visitors and exhibitors is our number one priority, and with that in mind it’s the right decision to reschedule the event from this weekend.

‘We’re looking ahead now to put on another great show in early April, by which time the ‘Beast from the East’ should be a distant memory!’

Rob Aherne, managing director - MCN, said: ‘This is the correct decision in light of unprecedented weather conditions.

‘We look forward to welcoming everybody at the Royal Highland Centre in early April, by which time spring will hopefully be in the air.’

Tickets already purchased for this weekend will be valid for the show in April, as will exhibitor stand bookings.

For those requiring further information should contact Live Promotions on info@livepromotions.co.uk

Tom Siddall, event director, said: ‘Maximising attendance and revenue is our number one priority, and with that in mind it’s the right decision to reschedule the event from this weekend."

After running through a 'truth-translator':rolleyes:

They certainly maximise revenue with that sh** hole of a car park £10 for the pleasure of parking axle deep in mud !!!

its a fiver to park ..n yeah its all about the ££££'s now since Aunty carole n mcn got involved .. used to be good wi lots o independant traders selling stuff n a good bike jumble ..but they dont like scruffy oiks in now jus folk wi loads a £££'s to buy the nxt bike then trade it in a couple o yrs for the nxt one .. still go to it tho as there's fek all happens up here bike wise if you exclude the small bike rallies ...

Well just back from the Scottish Show, suprised on how much smaller it was compared with the last time I was there , fine if you are wanting some half decent cheap kit but the higher end stuff was all at high street prices, best bit was the pack of 12 tins of GT85 for £20

Well just back from the Scottish Show, suprised on how much smaller it was compared with the last time I was there , fine if you are wanting some half decent cheap kit but the higher end stuff was all at high street prices, best bit was the pack of 12 tins of GT85 for £20

a bit cheaper than Aldi.

Not much in the way of "Bike Show" gets worse by the years .................

It appeared to be smaller than last year.Maybe due to the cancellation in March.
I don’t know if some of the traders,manufacturers couldn’t make the rescheduled dates ?

I don’t know if some of the traders,manufacturers couldn’t make the rescheduled dates ?

I was told by one of the Yamaha salesmen, who sold me an XSR700 last year, that BMW etc didn't come because of the postponement. The manufactures seem to me to mainly rely of the dealers taking bikes there

Back
Top Bottom