MOROCCO BOUND......lock up ya camels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a couple of nights of sleep deprivation in Al Hoceima due to 50 dogs barking all fekkin night we are on route to Fez....I decided to he’d off on the N8 towards Targuist and then hand a left towards Taounate-el-Kchour.....now the thing is my Mrs has a Moroccan belly and therefore I’ve stocked up on loo rolls in case..... so off we go. Arrived at Targuist no probs...took a left heading around Mt Tidiquin...the roads so fr are ok..tarmac and slowly winding up the hills....after about an hour the roads were noticibily getting worse..pot holes appeared all over....at on point the whole road dropped about 8 inches as if someone had cut cross it and lowered it....luckily we were dropping down not the other way....imagine hitting this in the dark.. on wards n upwards and suddenly I thought “there ain’t ny traffic coming the other way at all..bugger shit bollocks..”...the views www amazing but the weather was getting worse..wind nd rain.....a young guy on a bike came the other way and stuck out his arm whilst twisting his hand palm up, palm down....now I always thought this meant slow down in Morocco but I was only doing 30mph if that....as I went found a bend ha.f the road had disappeared down the cliff side.....we managed to get through but I was hving doubts bout continuing.....fuck it I thought and carried on. Next was. Big landslide where we had to negotiate about 100 mtr of wet slippery mud...fully loaded gsa with an unhappy copilot....we slid all over the road but somehow manage to stay upright.....as the rain got worse we pulled in to put wet gear on......out off nowhere a black 20 yer old golf pulled up behind me ....the windows were all black including the screen so I couldn’t see who or how many were in it.......as we were now well into the wacky bakky growing area of the Rif Mountains and the strong smell of weed was all around I told my co pilot to jump on and we shot off .....mr golf man was blowing his horn but I wasn’t stopping.......we eventually managed to get to Taounate after numerous landslides and headed on to Fez.....the N8 to Fez was a good road but the last 5 miles had plenty of coppers with radar.
We bunked down for the night at Hotel Blue Sky which is easy to find and has underground parking.....as it’s in the old town we decided to have a wander around....the Mrs was not good but I managed to drag her around....after all, it was her who wanted to go to Fez not me.....wouldn’t be first on my list of places to visit but..... we wandered along the paved area and whilst passing a shop we heard a dull thud,,,,then a rat wit blood came sliding over to us.....followed by a shop keeper with a bloodied hammer...he then booted the rat into the middle of the walkway and left it....... not a pleasant sight for my lady with dodgy belly..... after a walk around the medina and the Royal Palace I took her to eat at Palais Batha which I know and it’s ok....local musicians and decent food with beer. I scored a few brownie point here.
We returned to the hotel to find a German couple on an Africa Twin and a gs who were touring around.....we sat and chatted then hit the bed......
Next morning Mrs was still suffering so we decided to head back to Europe.....we took the R506 out of Fez which was a cracking run through some fast twisty good roads......stopping for lunch at the Rif Motel just south of Ouazzane.....good food and clean.
Onwards to Chefchaouen up the N13 ending the night in one of my regular stops....Hotel Parador.
The Morocco side was cut short but as I’ve been many times it didn’t matter to me.....now enjoying Spain......

Attachments

• 16EB765D-CE47-4637-957C-AD0178C1C1D8.jpg
    16EB765D-CE47-4637-957C-AD0178C1C1D8.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 306
  • E19CC6D8-625D-48C4-81E2-CD613EA56E55.jpg
    E19CC6D8-625D-48C4-81E2-CD613EA56E55.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 286
  • BF2EB3B8-A4CC-4B8F-8C9F-BE4DAA53A4E8.jpg
    BF2EB3B8-A4CC-4B8F-8C9F-BE4DAA53A4E8.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 287
Enjoying this, not the pissed piccies though :D

More please.. :thumb2

Good place to chill in Fez and safe parking......

Attachments

• 44BA5380-F103-4AE5-963E-A3D964D33DA7.jpg
    44BA5380-F103-4AE5-963E-A3D964D33DA7.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 289
Anyone heading to Morocco I can recommend this place in Algeciras which is 5 mins from port.......

Attachments

• 68BCF113-E094-42F0-848B-F6C6D9516BAB.jpg
    68BCF113-E094-42F0-848B-F6C6D9516BAB.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 299
Sorry to hear about your wife - hope she feels better soon.
I shall be taking some Hatcho Miso with me to keep my stomach cultures strong

Sorry to hear about your wife - hope she feels better soon.
I shall be taking some Hatcho Miso with me to keep my stomach cultures strong
You will enjoy it..... I’ve done it many times and never a problem.... wash ya hands as much as pos and you’ll be ok..... their cash is so dirty
Anything you need ask away and if I can help I will......

You will enjoy it..... I’ve done it many times and never a problem.... wash ya hands as much as pos and you’ll be ok..... their cash is so dirty
Anything you need ask away and if I can help I will......

Many thanks

Cracking place to stay in merzouga is Kasbah azalay ..... Hamid is a top guy and food is very good.... right on edge of desert...

Attachments

• AF636EFF-826A-4717-923F-06297FA9B657.jpg
    AF636EFF-826A-4717-923F-06297FA9B657.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 202
Anyone looking for a nice place to stay in ouarzazate I can fully recommend this place...safe parking...great breakfast and nice pool...

Attachments

• 902788EC-648D-411F-965B-5D002D90FBF1.jpg
    902788EC-648D-411F-965B-5D002D90FBF1.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom