BT Sport app on TV help please

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the BT Sport app but want it for TV use not phone or tablet. As it's an app does anyone know if it will download straight to a smart TV which I'm buying shortly.
Otherwise I will have to cast it across using Chromecast etc. Is that correct please?
Any other help will be gratefully received.
Thanks
G

Depends what tv you get and it's operating system. It's a very fragmented market so I would check with BT and their compatibility list.

Depends on your tv make and model as not all models even from the same make support all apps the app also may prevent sharing to other devices if its been so programmed.

Get it on a laptop and connect the laptop to the TV using an HDMI cable when you want to watch it.

That model supports Smart view. If you put the app on your phone, you can cast it from the phone to the tv..... If your phone has the ability to cast that is. I have a Sony tv running android, and there is no BT app to download from the Google play store.

Good luck.

I don’t think there’s a TV app for BT but I cast it from my phone to my Sony smart Tv and the picture quality is very good

I have it app on my ipad and using apple TV send it to the TV. It’s not perfect but better than paying for the moto gp streaming

Top advice thanks. I now get the idea and might just use Chromecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know nothing about computers so am putting my son in law on to explain what I did:

There is no app for BT sport for the TV. Instead by accessing sport.bt.com via the web browser it was possible to view the live stream by signing into the account. (must be flash or HTML5 enabled browser) hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom