Buying an Africa Twin..

Not sure to be honest, ive just done a 1500 mile trip on mine and to be honest apart from the seat (after a good while) I couldnt fault it, it did everything I asked of it with no complaints, I hated the ADV Sport paint when I first saw it but its grown on me, the dash is better with miles to empty now
Ill sleep on it overnight and see how i feel in the morning lol

You’ll get it, and you bloody know it! :D

Great bike . Love mine !!

c498d29439c7571b73b422015f9c99c8.jpg

Well heres a surprise to us all just about to pull the trigger today and was told that the top box will not fit so they could not fit it !! i said not to worry ill make it fit just key it to the new bike along with the panniers only to be told that any modification to the rear rack would void the warranty on the rear subframe and maybe the frame !! never heard such crap

I went into the garage to have a look at the rear rack and top box carrier to see if it was possible and thought what the fcuk am i doing its so simular to my bike its not worth the agro of changing everything over !! if it was 140 bhp with colour TFT cruise control etc etc then yes but as its not or if i wasnt happy with the bike, so I tipped it and kept mine saved myself about £4k and about 20 hrs in the garage LOL ill just wait for the replacement rims and maybe have the seat addressed so its a bit better for long rides the quickshifter would have been nice but hey ho !!
Rob

Well heres a surprise to us all just about to pull the trigger today and was told that the top box will not fit so they could not fit it !! i said not to worry ill make it fit just key it to the new bike along with the panniers only to be told that any modification to the rear rack would void the warranty on the rear subframe and maybe the frame !! never heard such crap

I went into the garage to have a look at the rear rack and top box carrier to see if it was possible and thought what the fcuk am i doing its so simular to my bike its not worth the agro of changing everything over !! if it was 140 bhp with colour TFT cruise control etc etc then yes but as its not or if i wasnt happy with the bike, so I tipped it and kept mine saved myself about £4k and about 20 hrs in the garage LOL ill just wait for the replacement rims and maybe have the seat addressed so its a bit better for long rides the quickshifter would have been nice but hey ho !!
Rob

Hi AB,

I was in agony after an hour on the original seat, brought a Sargent seat and now good for all day riding.

I notice that SW Motech are doing a top box mounting plate for the ATAS ;)

Rob

Ill look at the seat options but will need a passenger black one or a blue riders one as they have to match !!
the SW top box mount is for a givi plate not the AT top box I rang them as soon as I got off the phone from Honda shame as i thought it was a solution as well !!

Rob

Rob

Shame.

I think it's chalk and cheese with the original AT.
The seat/bar/peg position is much better.
The display is better.
The power is up a tad and seems much smoother.
The engine management modes are much more advanced and you can set it up to suit your riding.
The tank range is way over 200 miles....
The heated grips work.
The spoked are stainless.
The paint is sublime
and best of all......the autoblipper on the DCT is bloody fantastic.

Hello there guys, I know this is off topic and this thread is directly aimed as suggested to the AT. I have been a Honda fan for 35 yrs however converted to a GS1200 2 yrs ago. Great bike but miss the Honda’s traits.
I am considering either the AT or maybe a Crosstourer. I have not ridden either to date, am hoping to book a ride on the crosstourer Thursday. I loved the old AT however the new one is growing on me.
I don’t mean that tread over a thread but can you please advise me on ure trusted thoughts. Thanks. Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob

£50 says you’ll change your mind and have a new 68 plate one on 1st September :D

I think it's chalk and cheese with the original AT. MMMMMM not sure chalk and cheese but admitted there are a few differences
The seat/bar/peg position is much better. Im ok with mine its only really the seat but we was riding for 10 hour days
The display is better. Deffo ill give you that for sure, miles to empty is helpful
The power is up a tad and seems much smoother. Didnt notice it was any quicker or smoother to be honest but it was a manual I was after
The engine management modes are much more advanced and you can set it up to suit your riding. Yep but Id only use rain or the equivalent and full power the 7 stages of reaction is too much for me
The tank range is way over 200 miles.... My arse would not last that long albeit handy to have that range
The heated grips work. So do mine LOL
The spoked are stainless. So will mine be (Eventually) LOL
The paint is sublime Must admit it was the paintwork that put me off to begin with I preferred the tri colour but its grown on me
and best of all......the autoblipper on the DCT is bloody fantastic. Was going for a manual so would not have had that but I was going for the quickshifter which has it I believe

Its a lovely bike but not far enough away in manual standard trim to warrant the additional money and to be honest the seat is just too high so if I was going to have that reduced I might as well have mine made more comfi and leave all the extras on it lol

Best mod on these bikes is to replace the shite suspension, ohlins shock and Ktech fork internals has transformed the AT .

Best mod on these bikes is to replace the shite suspension, ohlins shock and Ktech fork internals has transformed the AT .

Or just set it up correctly !! It comes with the front set too soft out of the factory . But it was fine on my old AT, even two up with luggage in Dolomites. ATAS seems even better .

Or just set it up correctly !! It comes with the front set too soft out of the factory . But it was fine on my old AT, even two up with luggage in Dolomites. ATAS seems even better .

Apart from turning the preload have you tried setting it up correctly !! ie rider/sag, because you cannot get the correct sag even for a single 13st rider.

I've also re-torqued the bottom fork bridge pinch bolts from 25nm to 20nm to prevent stiction.

Apart from turning the preload have you tried setting it up correctly !! ie rider/sag, because you cannot get the correct sag even for a single 13st rider.

I've also re-torqued the bottom fork bridge pinch bolts from 25nm to 20nm to prevent stiction.

Don’t be silly, he’ll just sell it in 6 months, telling everyone it’s shite! :aidan

Back
Top Bottom