Drift cam sf card issue or user error?

russ996duke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:aidanTreated myself to Drift cam and although it was a bit of a faff getting used to how the controls and remote can be used in action I had some impressive quality video even if the content was really boring!
I used the tag function a lot with good results
Next trip I had real issues with the remote where it seemed to be working but not tagging

I stopped tag and just pressed record/stop to video
On return home to download I find a lot of files will not download as corrupted according to the video pad edit suite turns out these are all the bigger files and some of the “later” problematic tagged files
I used a class 10 Sandisk sdcard that was about 75% full at end if trip
So is the issue that the sdcard was too full or is there a known issue with drift had cam?? Could the very cold temps on last trip affect card function(it was a long sub zero mostly ski trip)
Or was it the more likely dick using the camera problem??🤓

I have had issues in very hot and cold temperatures so it could be as you have stated. Only other thing is the card itself... did you get it off eBay? Some of the ones from China have been known to cause corrupted files. Re-format the card and see what happens as the last thing you want is to loose fantastic footage of a great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Card was off Amazon I have ordered another to explore theory that using up to 50%capacity may help
The new card is faster. write rate to see if that helps
Still can’t rule out user error tho!
Footage so far is excellent as a cure for insomnia I guess that lots of similar footage is posted on YouTube by people who also want help insomniacs!!

capacity should not be the issue (unless its to big) i would go for more of a dodgy card, make sure you use the cam to format the card and make sure the card is no more than 64gb.

capacity should not be the issue (unless its to big) i would go for more of a dodgy card, make sure you use the cam to format the card and make sure the card is no more than 64gb.

Yep 32gb card max, format via drift menu, new card has a much higher write rate in case the issue is arising as contenst are downloaded to PC
Its not somethign I spend much time on as cam only used for tours/hols, so may not resolve until later on this year when we get back from the Pyrenees!

I bumped into a similar problem some time back when I got the Drift also. It turned out that my card simply didn't have a fast enough read/write rating. So I bought a SanDisk ultra extreme. Never had the problem again.... Sounds like your new card might sort it, but I'd suggest that's actually the issue, though a dodgy card is u guess quite feasible.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I had the same issue last year with my Drift Ghost, I bought a new SD card and after a few days all the files after that were corrupt. Including my lap of Nürburgring :blast I didn't notice until I got back.
I put it down to a bad SD card.
Now I take smaller capacity cards but more of them.
I once took my laptop and downloaded all my videos from the Drift and pictures from my Panasonic each day just in case this happened. But it takes up a far bit of room so I haven't bothered since.
I've been looking for a reliable, portable, hard drive that has an SD slot but all I can find is this and the reviews put me off.

I bumped into a similar problem some time back when I got the Drift also. It turned out that my card simply didn't have a fast enough read/write rating. So I bought a SanDisk ultra extreme. Never had the problem again.... Sounds like your new card might sort it, but I'd suggest that's actually the issue, though a dodgy card is u guess quite feasible.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

yep just invested in one of these....lets hopoe it does the job:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom