Held Air N Dry Gloves - Review

TeapotOne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was given a set of HELD Air N Dry Gloves by Motocentral to review. Here are my thoughts after an initial 1,000 Miles or so over the winter.

https://youtu.be/0fKBcEKISr8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with comments on the gloves - very good indeed. Actually worth the money. They are difficult to get off in a hurry, you have to release the wrist adjuster - means they won't be ripped off your hand in a crash, and they do like to be worn under a jacket sleeve which was a change for me. Operating the Satnav touch screen was harder than normal summer gloves, but overall very good and I've always had good service from Motocentral, don't be afraid to ask for discount.....

I agree with comments on the gloves - very good indeed. Actually worth the money. They are difficult to get off in a hurry, you have to release the wrist adjuster - means they won't be ripped off your hand in a crash, and they do like to be worn under a jacket sleeve which was a change for me. Operating the Satnav touch screen was harder than normal summer gloves, but overall very good and I've always had good service from Motocentral, don't be afraid to ask for discount.....

Had a pair now for over 2 1/2 years (bought in Germany when they first came out ), brilliant paint of gloves and excellent for touring

The bmw version is the same glove, just badged for bmw... great gloves. £150 for bm, but got them for £130, one of the very few occasions where bm were cheaper.... great vids, Bruce:D:beerjug:

The bmw version is the same glove, just badged for bmw... great gloves. £150 for bm, but got them for £130, one of the very few occasions where bm were cheaper.... great vids, Bruce:D:beerjug:

Thanks Al, much appreciated.

Blimey Beamer were cheaper?!!! Sssshh don’t tell them

Had a pair now for over 2 1/2 years (bought in Germany when they first came out ), brilliant paint of gloves and excellent for touring

Cheers Neil, yeah I’m impressed with them, just not a fan of wearing gloves under the jacket though.

I too have the BMW version which look pretty identical to yours (apart from the branding). I like them a lot especially the visor wipe. Also saves taking two pairs of gloves away on tour. I always wear my gloves under my sleeve as it prevents the water running down your sleeve and into the gloves.

Nice new bike by the way ;)

Oh and have a word! preheat the mug and always boiling water first you heathen!

Neil

I too have the BMW version which look pretty identical to yours (apart from the branding). I like them a lot especially the visor wipe. Also saves taking two pairs of gloves away on tour. I always wear my gloves under my sleeve as it prevents the water running down your sleeve and into the gloves.

Nice new bike by the way ;)

Oh and have a word! preheat the mug and always boiling water first you heathen!

Neil

Ha Ha, you know this milk/water debate has ‘stirred’ up quite a hornets nest! I think there’s another vid just in how to make tea!!!!

Cheers Neil, yeah I’m impressed with them, just not a fan of wearing gloves under the jacket though.

You can buy the Held with long or short cuffs, so think they will go over the sleeves as well, not sure though as I have the short cuff ones and wear under.

You can buy the Held with long or short cuffs, so think they will go over the sleeves as well, not sure though as I have the short cuff ones and wear under.

Yeah I saw that on the motocentral website

I looked at these rather nice gloves, but discounted them as they had just the Velcro cuff-flap strap and no wrist securing strap - as pointed out in this easy to watch and interesting review. I found that surprising in a glove of this quality as everything I've ever heard or read about choosing the right gloves finds the additional wrist securing strap essential to prevent them pulling off in a spill.

TP1, did you try pulling them off whilst fastened? Anyone who has them tried this? Are they completely secure despite this apparent omission?

Fwiw, in the end I bought the Rev'it ones with the clever little auto strap thing no-one seems to be able to work! I can work it and it does the job well.

I looked at these rather nice gloves, but discounted them as they had just the Velcro cuff-flap strap and no wrist securing strap - as pointed out in this easy to watch and interesting review. I found that surprising in a glove of this quality as everything I've ever heard or read about choosing the right gloves finds the additional wrist securing strap essential to prevent them pulling off in a spill.

TP1, did you try pulling them off whilst fastened? Anyone who has them tried this? Are they completely secure despite this apparent omission?

Fwiw, in the end I bought the Rev'it ones with the clever little auto strap thing no-one seems to be able to work! I can work it and it does the job well.

Hi SeaDog, glad you enjoyed the vid bud. I have tried taking them off without undoing the Velcro straps actually, and you can do it but it isn’t very easy.

Im another advocate of short gloves, I just cant get on with them either over or under my jacket sleeves.Under and the wind gets up the sleeve over and the rain trickles into the glove theres no win on this for me.

Bought my Air and Dry gloves in Germany in 2015 before they were available in the UK , (as a distress purchase ) today after being my main spring,summer and aurtumn gloves for over 6 1/2 years and a good few miles the liner pulled out of the fingers on both gloves.

They have been excellent and fully waterproof but alas they are now goosed, well worth the 140 euros I paid for them at the time but got a shock at the replacement cost in the UK, seems to be over £230 at most retailers

I've just found this thread,

Having purchased a pair of Held Air & Dry gloves from Get Geared in Leeds around 5 years ago I can confirm that they have been excellent, they weren't cheap (About £180.00 I think) but we'll worth the cost

I do have other gloves (Rev it) but the Held are my go to gloves. I wear them 'gauntlet' style over my jacket cuffs and they have seen just about every type of weather conditions during that time

A great pair of gloves IMHO

They have been excellent and fully waterproof but alas they are now goosed, well worth the 140 euros I paid for them at the time but got a shock at the replacement cost in the UK, seems to be over £230 at most retailers

I too love mine, IIRC the BM branded ones were cheaper a while back. They still are at £174 for the "TWO IN ONE TECH GLOVES" or "PACEGUARD GTX 2IN1" https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/wear/apparel.html#/productFilter-styleMasterCategory=riders-gear;

Bloody typical I was in Louis store in Emden a week ago and they had the Air and Dry on sale for 180 euros, didn' t have my size in stock

Back
Top Bottom