Can’t make phone calls

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not something I normally bother with but I’m leading a tour this year and need to be contactable by my tail end charlie in the event of a problem.

BMW system 6 evo with BMW communicator; paired with
BMW Nav V; paired in turn with iPhone 6.

The pairing is all fine and my phonebook transfers to the Nav V.

I can select and dial a number (I took the house phone into the garage so I could hear it ring and drop through to the voicemail).

I can’t hear the voicemail nor can I record a message so it seems like it’s the BMW audio at fault.

However, I normally use my headset to connect to abradio via a sena 10R hub so I know it actually works fine.

Any ideas why I can’t make calls?

Update: If I pair the iPhone directly with the BMW communicator without going via the GPS it all works fine.

Ironic that The BMW communicator manual says to pair the phone with the GPS and then the GPS with the helmet!

NAV V software version is up to date at v3.40 so I guess I'll just have to put up with BMW kit not working as per their own guidance :p

If it stops raining long enough today I’ll go out to the garage and see what my setup is, I know when I changed to a replacement iPhone 6 earlier in the year it took ages to re pair properly.

Turn your phone off and enjoy the peace, lost in your own thoughts whilst riding your bike

Much better

Sorry, didn’t look, family bereavement. I’m about this weekend and if needed you can PM me and swap phone numbers to try a fix

Because I've been looking into a new comms system I may have an idea (or might be a load of rubbish too :)

If the bmw system has two Bluetooth chips, then it will make a difference which order you pair things and in what way. For example, it might have an impact if you connect your phone to the helmet system via A2DP or HFP because I get the impression there is a hierarchy to these.

You'd need to read the blurb for your system, but this might be a clue - I emphasise might :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just a wee follow up on this.

It appears to be he Nav V that is causing the trouble. I've tried pairing the phone direct with the headset and it works. I've tried pairing it through a Zumo 590 and that works as it should and as the Nav V should but doesn't.

I have to agree with JohnnyBoxer above so this doesn't really bother me except on a very few occasions a year.

It appears to be he Nav V that is causing the trouble. I've tried pairing the phone direct with the headset and it works. I've tried pairing it through a Zumo 590 and that works as it should and as the Nav V should but doesn't.

I have to agree with JohnnyBoxer above so this doesn't really bother me except on a very few occasions a year.

I had something similar when trying to use 590 with phone, 590 showed phone as paired and connected, but no audio thru headset this turned out to be an issue with the 590 audio where a sub menu required bluetooth audio to be checked as on, cant recall exactly which menu set it was, but might be worth a trawl thru the nav menus to see if that is the issue.
I also had this where despite showing as paired/connected, only by shutting 590 down and restarting it would it actually connect!

In the Nav 5 settings, Bluetooth and then the phone you have connected, there is a check box called “phone calls”. Do you have that enabled?

Back
Top Bottom