K1100 LT SE re-spray Pt 2

philbuck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I finally got everything back onto the bike today, so to summarise, the bits I haven't resprayed are the 2 side panels, the tank, and the rear cowling. Of those 4 items, they're only really let down by a chip repair on the tank, which I WILL fix in due course, and the uneven pinstriping everywhere on those 4 parts. Jobs for another day!!

Here are some photos......with more to follow

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

And last (but least)........

Yes I know I forgot to put the LT logo on the front ! :blast
As soon as I'd taken the pics I remembered it, and went to cut the backing adhesive, came out, and it was pissing it down, so back into the man-cave they went and it got finished in there, with no photo as yet :(

(No dogs were injured or killed during the spraying of this bike, but ONE came close) :D

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

Fantastic to see one of the best bikes BMW have made, getting the love it rightly deserves...

Indestructible Brick indeed!

Looks really good, well done.

Mine’s an SE but the only indication on the bike is on the speedo or tacho dial (can’t remember which). Also the bits that need respraying on mine are all the bits you’ve not had to do, the tank, rear seat cowl and sidepanels. I think I’ll just get a Bagster tank cover though.

Back
Top Bottom