Travel insurance.....

I am with Holidaysafe. for holiday health insurance that allows riding motorcycles
I ride me bikes = all over 250cc, cycles and drive the car - all accepted even as long as its a "road" and no racing/track days etc.
I have a multi ticket tunnel pass = I book maybe 2 days before travel both away and back/return.
It can work out at 55 quid for a motorhome each way !!!

I just phoned them (holidaysafe) and "Richard" said no need to prove yer coming back as the policy has a 60 day per trip but it is a full 1 year policy for me and missis

HTHY especially ATT

Have mine through MAG. Can't remember off hand what it cost for the year but wasn't expensive..

Take a bit of care with MAG. They sold a Travel policy to a friend of mine for his trip to America. Having told them (they were very bikermate chatty on the phone) he was going on his 750 VFR, they sold him a policy restricted only to riding bikes up to 125cc. This was discovered when he was sideswiped on a US junction.... Not the greatest news to receive in an American hospital bed.

In short, MAG had knowingly sold him the wrong policy. They are beyond chimps. They are clowns. Be very wary of anything branded 'By bikers, for bikers'.... These are insurance contracts, not some hotel where the proprietor is friendly and has a garage.

In short, MAG had knowingly sold him the wrong policy. They are beyond chimps. They are clowns. Be very wary of anything branded 'By bikers, for bikers'.... These are insurance contracts, not some hotel where the proprietor is friendly and has a garage.

Heretic, burn him, burn him with pitchforks.

Just looking at my Holiday Safe policy.

All I can find is the wording - "You must be able to prove your intention to return home to permanently reside in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or BFPO within your trip dates unless and extension has been agreed with us and we have confirmed in writing."

Edit - Holiday Safe have been mentioned above.

I am with Holidaysafe. for holiday health insurance that allows riding motorcycles
I ride me bikes = all over 250cc, cycles and drive the car - all accepted even as long as its a "road" and no racing/track days etc.
I have a multi ticket tunnel pass = I book maybe 2 days before travel both away and back/return.
It can work out at 55 quid for a motorhome each way !!!

I just phoned them (holidaysafe) and "Richard" said no need to prove yer coming back as the policy has a 60 day per trip but it is a full 1 year policy for me and missis

HTHY especially ATT

Cheers Mick, I shall have a look at that:thumb2

Many many annual travel insurance policies will not cover any motorcycling element. If they do it is confined to small capacity bikes with countless ( get out of paying) clauses.

I spent many hours trawling through small print when i was looking to get bike specific travel insurance

Bike insurance ( as pointed out by wapping ) is entirely different.

Just looking at my Holiday Safe policy.

All I can find is the wording - "You must be able to prove your intention to return home to permanently reside in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or BFPO within your trip dates unless and extension has been agreed with us and we have confirmed in writing."

Edit - Holiday Safe have been mentioned above.

Which, if I read it correctly (and there is no other blurb) says that there’s an obligation have told the insurer the holiday dates - by which I guess they can only mean the departure and return dates - and that you’ll stick to them.... unless you agree a different return date (an extension) with your insurer.... and they have agreed the longer (extended) period in writing. Any voluntary returning early from a holiday is, obviously, not a problem as once you are back to the UK the cover ceases, so you do not need to inform the insurer.

Many many annual travel insurance policies will not cover any motorcycling element. If they do it is confined to small capacity bikes with countless ( get out of paying) clauses.

I spent many hours trawling through small print when i was looking to get bike specific travel insurance

Annual policies that cover motorcycle touring of any capacity are not difficult to find. I currently use Get Going and have previously used policies underwritten by Axa from a variety of resellers. Get Going have add ons to cover off road riding.

Post Office and M&S are ideal, and in M&S case - use AXA.

Al

Post Office and M&S are ideal, and in M&S case - use AXA.

Al

The PO policy has (or had, I haven't rechecked) introduced a 1500cc limitation. I have a 1600cc bike. Not a problem if I slip down the stairs in my hooning gear but more of a problem if I slip off whilst hooning awesomely.

I claimed once under the PO policy and, simultaneously, under another Travel policy for the same event / claim. I had to jump through several hoops before the PO coughed up but very few under the other policy, which coughed-up promptly.

To be frank, Travel insurance is a fecking lottery, not least as it is used and frequently abused by the great unwashed.

Richard at navigator travel insurance , is very knowledgeable, asks all the correct questions ,, BEFORE purchase so when policy arrives it's about right .
Used them 3 times
Needed a payout once ,, all worked fine if you are " above board " with everything ,
You need to be anyway or all you have bought is a bit of paper or a few digital lines :thumb2

I had to declare my busted neck last trip we went one.

They paid out for the first time when i did it.

If your going to an eu country, then reciprical (sp) NHS cover applys E111

However it dosnt cover repatriation in the event of anything major i believe.

If your going non EU - then you will need insurance

Austrailia has a reciprical agreement with the UK - so i didnt get charged for a Cat scan, MRI, Numous x rays, ambulances drugs etc :)

The PO policy has (or had, I haven't rechecked) introduced a 1500cc limitation. I have a 1600cc bike. Not a problem if I slip down the stairs in my hooning gear but more of a problem if I slip off whilst hooning awesomely.

I claimed once under the PO policy and, simultaneously, under another Travel policy for the same event / claim. I had to jump through several hoops before the PO coughed up but very few under the other policy, which coughed-up promptly.

To be frank, Travel insurance is a fecking lottery, not least as it is used and frequently abused by the great unwashed.

Still have the 1500cc limit at the Post Office - one thing they have introduced is an easy to use online, medical screening tool. Very similar to Get Going insurance, who are still my goto provider.

Lloyds bank platinum account.

AA full uk breakdown and recovery cover for me and mrs on joint account plus

Worldwide travel ins including bike travel

Mobile phone ins and £250 free overdraft.

All for about £17 a month

I’m happy with that.

seems very good value, daresay there are other benefits too?

Lloyds bank platinum account.

AA full uk breakdown and recovery cover for me and mrs on joint account plus

Worldwide travel ins including bike travel

Mobile phone ins and £250 free overdraft.

All for about £17 a month

I’m happy with that.

Same with Nationwide, £13 per month, travel insurance includes biking. That said, have not checked the policy wording regarding a booked return trip, back to Att's point, which I shall do!

Back
Top Bottom