Which One!

ratbiker

Reaction score
OK Seeing as I value the opinion of your rowdy bunch, I need a little help! :augie

Option 1

A 2008 model
2 Keepers
FBMWSH
ABS
ESA
ESC
Vario panniers and a tank bag
Engine head protectors
Touratech additional lights

Just had £800 spent on it by BMW including:
Some work to the rear diff replacing rollers etc
New tires
New brake disks and pads
Flown through all MOT's

2 year BMW warranty - which covers shocks. Will need non BMW dealer to service with OE parts over the warranty period to maintain.

Option 2

A 2009 model
2 Keepers
FBMWSH
ABS
Vario 3 piece set
Engine head protectors
Headlight protector
Flown through all MOT's

Private Sale

Can be self serviced as no warranty restrictions.

See my problem?? :blast

Nice choice :beerjug:

Are you likely to keep it beyond two years ?

Assuming they are similar prices it follows that the 11K will hold its value better, do you value a higher residual value of bike (lets say in 2 years time) over the confidence of knowing if a problem occurs its sorted. I dont think the mileage is an issue on the dealer one, just people like low mileage bikes.

11K is quite low, assuming its not been lots of short journeys ?

Not my dilemma, but I would be swayed by condition as well.

RBW.

Last edited:
Nice choice :beerjug:

Are you likely to keep it beyond two years ?

Assuming they are similar prices it follows that the 11K will hold its value better, do you value a higher residual value of bike (lets say in 2 years time) over the confidence of knowing if a problem occurs its sorted. I dont think the mileage is an issue on the dealer one, just people like low mileage bikes.

11K is quite low, assuming its not been lots of short journeys ?

Not my dilemma, but I would be swayed by condition as well.

RBW.

I will be keeping it for more than the two years for sure.

I’m always one for going with the lower mileage examples etc but with the warranty and a slightly higher spec it puts me back on the fence with the security that the warranty brings.

I'd prefer no ESA/ESC on a 9/10 year old bike. I know its covered under warranty but if you intend to keep it beyond 2 years sods law says it will get to 25 months and then you'll have problems.

I was just looking at this one thinking its an awesome buy, can't find anything to fault on it and its even been endorsed by Mikey (or the seller has) http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...(07-Model)-R1200GS-Hexhead-Fairly-well-sorted .

RBW.

Last edited:
None if you include the service cost over the two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My own view would be go for the one with less electronics and get it serviced by a good independent.

I have a 2009 with 28k and I’ve recently purchased the bmw insured warranty.

My rear shock let go last week :eek: £1200 to replace. I’m paying £50 excess,

I would buy on condition, service history etc and if you get a 2 year warranty that’s saved you £800 plus it will include full UKEuro breakdown cover. I’m not to worried about mileage as long as it’s not been to the moon and back :D

My two penneth :thumb2

Jon

The main issue appears to be the lack of warranty for the option 2 bike. If it's got FBMWSH then you could call the people who handle the warranty claims on 0345 641 9791 and ask them if they would provide you with a new warranty - my last renewal was 390 pounds. The warranty also includes full Europe-wide recovery. They will need the reg. number to confirm the SH.

Have a look at the warranty on the bike with 37 thou on it as the warranty only covers suspension upto 30,000

Have a look at the warranty on the bike with 37 thou on it as the warranty only covers suspension upto 30,000

That’s one thing I’m looking into today. It’s an AUB warranty. Nothing in the booklet about mileage. I’ve asked Riders in Guildford and they no nothing about a mileage limit.

I’m still digging. Does anyone know where that is written down anywhere??

That’s one thing I’m looking into today. It’s an AUB warranty. Nothing in the booklet about mileage. I’ve asked Riders in Guildford and they no nothing about a mileage limit.

I’m still digging. Does anyone know where that is written down anywhere??
Its in the bmw warranty so if yours is from another source you might be ok

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Its in the bmw warranty so if yours is from another source you might be ok

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

The warranty is provided by BMW and is card the AUB warranty. So I’m not sure if it’s one of the same?

Back
Top Bottom