Garmin Virb 360

Jumpjim

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Taken the plunge and bought one of these. I've also got the Garmin powered vehicle mount and planning on getting hold of a pole mount to fit to the back of the bike ... Something along the lines of the CU2RACK mount

Check out the sort of thing you can do with it here and don't forget to look behind him as well!:

Watching.... keep us updated :D

I'm off to Kuala Lumpur with work this evening and booked to go out with Motomaniacs on a KTM 350 on the Arianna Waterfalls trail for the day.

I've got a RAM tough claw, and the Garmin gopro mount so will try sticking it on the handlebars and see how it pans out as a test! Just have to hope I don't break it in the process!

Standby for test video... :D

Looks great - but the price !!! :eek:

If you think that's expensive.... try the additional cost of equipment to support and store 4K video resolution. It gets eye-watering...

That is impressive!

Has Garmin stolen the march on other makes, here?

If you think that's expensive.... try the additional cost of equipment to support and store 4K video resolution. It gets eye-watering...

I have an i7 27" IMAC - think that would work or does it need specific hardware? Not sure I'd need 4k though..1080HD looks ok to me

I have an i7 27" IMAC - think that would work or does it need specific hardware? Not sure I'd need 4k though..1080HD looks ok to me

Yeah and thats my point. How much did that i7 27" IMAC cost?

Its a 4k camera, but that already translates to 720-1080p when in 360 mode due to the stretch in pixels.

So it still may not look good enough.

Im running the Virb software which is now free of charge on my MacBook Air with no issues using my Virb 360 :)

https://youtu.be/u67MhVKTTVk

A quick test. I don’t think it had a GPS lock initially hence no speed on the HUD... It was a pretty rough road so it does a good job stabilising it...

Looks good.

Has anyone viewed this footage yet on a Virtual Reality Headset?

Just wondered how immersive it is.

Smog - different camera - that's the Ultra30 which I have, great camera with ridiculously short battery life!

Just bought second battery and the open cage to allow connection to power bank or bike (supplied dive case does not allow this without modification (leaving it non-waterproof)

Love the G-metrics giving location, speed altitude etc.

Had the Virb Elite before this which on balance is a more versatile camera if limited to 1080p.

Ultra30 allows voice control plus link to Sena headset for that all important commentary......

Edit

BTW got mine from Halfords which listed it at the time for £275 but got 10% due to asking if they gave discount for Cycling club member

Smog - different camera - that's the Ultra30 which I have, great camera with ridiculously short battery life!

Just bought second battery and the open cage to allow connection to power bank or bike (supplied dive case does not allow this without modification (leaving it non-waterproof)

Love the G-metrics giving location, speed altitude etc.

Had the Virb Elite before this which on balance is a more versatile camera if limited to 1080p.

Ultra30 allows voice control plus link to Sena headset for that all important commentary......

Edit

BTW got mine from Halfords which listed it at the time for £275 but got 10% due to asking if they gave discount for Cycling club member

Yep it was just a heads up really..........

Back
Top Bottom